SHARKER

Re: Middle Keys Fishing Reports

Post by Rare »

Yes

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Went fishing with my dad and two cousins at the Long Key bridge. We caught tons of yellow tails, mangrove snappers, muttons (biggest was a 15.5"), and my cousin Chris caught a nice yellow jack (20") that gave him a good fight. As soon as the wind died down and water became clear around noon, the bite stopped. Also saw tons of tarpons and huge cudas! Bait used: Bally, Mullet, Grunts, Squid, Crabs, and Live Shrimp.

Here's the video with the highlights

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snapperfanatic1828 »

Saw the vid on youtube...friggin awesome brother...you guys had a shitload of fun! Wish i could escape back to the keys...lol...that yj was a nice...good eats!

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

how bad was the current? I'm thinking of heading down tomorrow afternoon if the wind and weather aren't horrible.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

too hot for me on bridges ill be goin on boats rest of summer

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Snapperfanatic1828 wrote:Saw the vid on youtube...friggin awesome brother...you guys had a shitload of fun! Wish i could escape back to the keys...lol...that yj was a nice...good eats!
Thanks Leo!!! :toast: I agree, that yellow jack was delicious!
Moose wrote:how bad was the current? I'm thinking of heading down tomorrow afternoon if the wind and weather aren't horrible.
The current wasn't bad at all, I was able to hold bottom with a 3/4 oz weight. The wind and current died around noon and so did the bite.
clarence2society wrote:too hot for me on bridges ill be goin on boats rest of summer
By noon I was already done, it was hot as b@lls out there!

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Gotta wait for that nite bite!!!!

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

i work 8pm til 4 am no night bite for me.. and being alone outthere at night isnt fun

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

clarence2society wrote:i work 8pm til 4 am no night bite for me.. and being alone outthere at night isnt fun
Dear Lord - you not a small guy and you carry right?

Sure it can be a bit spooky but that comes from within - just sayin
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

clarence2society wrote:no kidding?? so did i. hahahahahah

due this fight tore me up im still hurting.. he ran 100 to 150 yards of my top shot 50 lb. i was on my star delux 8 foot with jigmaster red 500... holy crap...... i had to go up n down bridge and pull and walk n reel pull walk reel.. i had to wait i had to walk the damn dog.. i had to pop my weight off where he had me snagged up... and luckily other ppl were out and someone helped with the net otherwise i woulda had to go down to point and grab him by hand...... im goign to weigh him in a few mins i just woke up.. need to find my little scale.... but i finally got him....

I owe big thank yous to the ppl who helped me on this venture.... rare, blue, RAUL!! a lot, tommy for his bridge lessons ( your voice was over my shoulder the whole time brother i swear i heard you talkin keepin me calm). walked him in like so.... and if i forgot anyone sorry... oh pat duh, my pops.

biggest fish i have gotten on a bridge and prob biggest landed period sadly. not countign sharks... weight class this guy takes the cake even over my mahi...

he was a worthy adversary. i have nothign but respect for this fish.

and i swear to you I let out a predator scream after he was in the cooler finally. I yelled top of my lungs at 12 am on the bridge.....

Congratulations, rare has told me the stories of your ventures and you finally did it :toast: :toast: :toast:

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Late reports..

My cousin went out to Long Key on Friday night of last week. He said current was strong and the wind was blowing. He caught nothing that night.

A friend of mine went the following day (Sat) in the morning and caught at channel 5, a short mutton and grouper.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

yeah dude finally got him... and man did we have a nice sit down right after he hit the ground.... haha

and striz.... im medium and 40 lbs over what i should be cause no more cigs... biggest ive ever been.. i do notice ppl dont really mess with me daytime... but i fish at night but channel five at night no go.... long key just gets boring no one to hang with same goes for any placeo n that one.. more fun with friends.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Jerry, bloodline comes out tomorrow. :toast:

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

[quote="clarence2society"]yeah dude finally got him... and man did we have a nice sit down right after he hit the ground.... haha

and striz.... im medium and 40 lbs over what i should be cause no more cigs... biggest ive ever been.. i do notice ppl dont really mess with me daytime... but i fish at night but channel five at night no go.... long key just gets boring no one to hang with same goes for any placeo n that one.. more fun with friends.[/quote]

More fun is cool

Just do it like dela soul. They said in one of their Songs

CAN YOU FLIP IT TO 45 SO I CAN DANCE TO IT.

Side note

Hi there brother rare :toast:
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

STRIZ wrote:
Hi there brother rare :toast:
What's up, brother chico! :toast:

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

i just watched the spisode on my website and i got a whole 5 seconds of fame half of which was blurry they didnt use the good poop ( like me busting my arce.. ay 38 mins the woodys scene kicks and you see me boppin for 2 seconds if that in dj booth then when main guy is back at woodys aroudn 44 mins or more talkin to the one chick i am at bar in background all blurry for a few seconds but half on film UGH

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Post by fishinDave07 »

Fished the incoming tide this morning at long key. Had what something grab a pinfish from the bottom and swim off. Never got to see the fish but it felt like a nurse shark. That's about it. Saw plenty of tarpon in the crystal clear water. Nothing was biting.
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

buddyg125
Fisher

Post by buddyg125 »

clarence2society wrote:Ok jst now out of ice bath of 40 plus lbs to be cleaned and he is 24lbs. One more pic.
Nice catch man
I need to get out there

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

quick trip to channel 2 today (3rd trip ever) weather wasn't the nicest, but you gotta do what you gotta do when you have free time... testing my new accurate 500 too and didnt disappoint. first live shrimp in the water boom 22" pinkie.. i hate to say this bite was on fire for like 30 mins probably right at tide change, but i lost 2 keeper size pinkies while trying to flip them i dont have a net..... then a school of yellowjacks came by said hello. i was surprised didnt catch a single mangrove at all but overall is a good day for 3 hours trip.. will definitely come back and picture attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice mutton I've never done well for mangroves on 2 vs other bridges. Maybe it's the lighting but those look like big blue runners.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

yeah maybe the mangroves are spawning in the reefs... i only kept the yellow jacks becasue my family like to eat them, all the blue runners went back to the ocean lol

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Great job buddy! :toast:

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Nice haul dude!!! Get a bridge net bro!!!! Lol

Kylo ren
Fisher

Post by Kylo ren »

Any new reports

israelmachado247
Weekend Warrior

Post by israelmachado247 »

fished channel 5 a couple days ago bite was good, ended up catching 10 yellow jacks 18-35 inches, 2 black groupers just short, 2 jacks, and a mangrove. cant complain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

nice YJ... i only wish they taste as good as snappers..

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

k5523915 wrote:nice YJ... i only wish they taste as good as snappers..

Are you sure they are not blue runners? Im being real. We had other eat jacks that thought they were pomps. I love big fatty snapper, but YJ is up there... different taste, different fish... obvious.

israelmachado247

Now thats a fatty YJ man! Congrats! :toast:

israelmachado247
Weekend Warrior

Post by israelmachado247 »

thank u sir!

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

Rare wrote:
k5523915 wrote:nice YJ... i only wish they taste as good as snappers..

Are you sure they are not blue runners? Im being real. We had other eat jacks that thought they were pomps. I love big fatty snapper, but YJ is up there... different taste, different fish... obvious.

israelmachado247

Now thats a fatty YJ man! Congrats! :toast:

Yes sir.. I catch them all the time, but i dont eat them, always give away for shark bait or other fishermen on the bridge lol, they are happy of course..

when are we going bridge fishing again tho? my friends been catching permits out there on channel 5, isn't permit season closed right now?

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

israelmachado247 wrote:fished channel 5 a couple days ago bite was good, ended up catching 10 yellow jacks 18-35 inches, 2 black groupers just short, 2 jacks, and a mangrove. cant complain
Nice yellow jack!! Congrats! :toast:

Return to “Monroe County”