CUDAMAN, BRIDGEMAN, and Stealer

Boatless Fishing Reports for Monroe County, Florida Keys
kblue
SHARKER

Re: CUDAMAN, BRIDGEMAN, and Stealer

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote: Don't those fish look different now? But you say Herb did the photoshopping?????
Man... We can't fool the old man's hawk eye... It was camera trick...
when the individual pic is taken, we hold the fish forward to fool you... It was hard to hold like that... you can tell from the face.
This will be pic we will post to other forum.
And it will make 16LB fish looked like 30LB... rare didn't listen so his 25LB looks smaller than 16LB

And then Herbert sent group pic of showing actual dimension...I wanted to post this pic later...

Kingofthesea wrote: Then why are you the only one that doesn't look like a competitive eater?
I still weigh 200LB...Jared only weigh 160LB...permit will pull him into water...lol

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Photoshop work is finished. Here is the rest of the story, well my view.

https://cudamanadventures.com/2016/08/0 ... s-bridges/

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

cudaman wrote:Photoshop work is finished. Here is the rest of the story, well my view.

https://cudamanadventures.com/2016/08/0 ... s-bridges/
I read the entire journal.. it was a great read, only people truly enjoy what they do can show passion and disappointments excitments in words..
when the permits are in schools near sandbars or bridges, they dont get spooked easily by the boats.. as long as you have a crab on the other end of line, they will eat it lol.. I fish permits in Ft. Lauderdale and Treasure Coast

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Yeah, permits do not get spooked easily, I am a free diver as well and have swam with them quite a few times.. I should upload some video of me swimming with the permits. they stick around divers becuase they kick the sand and release vertebrates and also flip sea urchins. Here is a link with a few pictures of one occasion.

http://cudamanadventures.com/2015/06/18 ... n-islands/

They don't get spooked easily but they follow the divers from a distance and sometimes stay next to them.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Thanks Herb
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

You're welcome Sir.

And thanks k5523915 for stopping by my blog. I'm glad to know you enjoyed the read :toast:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Thanks Herb
Now, you know I tangled the net when we brought up Rare's fish...and kept losing fishes... which ended up making rare tell me all of his secrets...lol
I was the last one who needed to catch it... I was so determined to catch one after many screw-ups... There was click click on my rod about 120ft away (it was furthest rod)... I ran crazy at my full speed and reeled in the slack...Rare quickly told me which direction the fish ran...that was most important info so I knew which direction had to run with my rod... Otherwise, I am sure it would've been too late because the rod was very far...

Making quick and right decision based on situation awareness is the secret...only those experienced can do that...
A lucky day maybe one permit can be caught but not 3.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

kblue wrote: A lucky day maybe one permit can be caught but not 3.

I caught 4 in one day. And the last one was 3 but not really, I let the guys take the rod. If they wanted the fish they had to get them. My rod was the only rod that was getting bite that day. Others here had the same hook and land with them, nothing new on that

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

If it's possible that any of you dopes don't see it.......this thread (and Herb's blog) is .Boatless.

Tommy's Original Boatless Formula: take one googan, add two members, mix for an entire weekend.

kblue knows more about preparing, stalking and catching permit with regularity than 98% of those chasing these beauties in all of Florida. I can also say.....Neilsen and Chris have probably released more permit than the entire forum has collectively caught. Challenge me if you want but I guarantee two of those permit had been caught and released by one of them before. Maybe all three.

blue.....its when you let them go...............IMO
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Jongsoo looks like hes ready to go with Mary Poppins and pick some tulips

Nice job fellas :toast:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

SaltyDog wrote:Jongsoo looks like hes ready to go with Mary Poppins and pick some tulips
LMFAO!!! He will PM'ed you shortly that he doesnt understand what you are saying....

Herb and I had a nice chuckle telling him about we can get plenty of "crabs" on 8th st and 79th as well.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:
kblue wrote: A lucky day maybe one permit can be caught but not 3.

I caught 4 in one day. And the last one was 3 but not really, I let the guys take the rod. If they wanted the fish they had to get them. My rod was the only rod that was getting bite that day. Others here had the same hook and land with them, nothing new on that
The above sentence is incomplete... that is is what I happened when I typed at work...lol
Here is correct one.

Without proper team work and experience, a lucky day maybe one permit can be caught but not 3

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

SaltyDog wrote:Jongsoo looks like hes ready to go with Mary Poppins and pick some tulips

Nice job fellas :toast:
Thanks man... :toast:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

I for one am pissed Herb gave away the secret permit spot that everybody knows about!
Just wish I was there. Nice job guys! :mrgreen:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:
LMFAO!!! He will PM'ed you shortly that he doesnt understand what you are saying....

Herb and I had a nice chuckle telling him about we can get plenty of "crabs" on 8th st and 79th as well.
Yes...bla bla bla.... i didn't like to park my car with fishing gears on 79th St...

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

kblue wrote:
Rare wrote:

Yes...bla bla bla.... i didn't like to park my car with fishing gears on 79th St...
its a pain in the a$$ after they got rid of parking.....

buddyg125
Fisher

Post by buddyg125 »

That's awesome guys

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

you guys know im in the keys every weekend. i dj woodys now....

i usually try to fish sunday.... im actually going out tonight for permit not sure where i should go for the best chance.. long key alone really sucks...

I lost a big one sun night right at dusk.... got him to the net and i was alone mind you and a couple passing by grabbed my net for me but he touched net twice and the hook pulled.... if i had someone there with skills i woulda had my first permit and he was awesome... easy 15 lbs plus....

im going out in the am for morning bite hope its overcast...... then nap and dj the club all night... im down to fish sunday for sure....

hit me up when you all are down there ill meet up and fish for sure.... 954 548 6786

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

clarence2society wrote: if i had someone there with skills i woulda had my first permit and he was awesome

That would have been sweet, Jerry. Even with skill of others at handling the net i almost lost 3 of them. :silent: Either way, we went Friday night and left Saturday evening. If we do end up staying Sunday morning, i will give you a ring but dont see that happening till late October cause of the heatwave.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

yeah two factors have kept me from fishing.... the heat is insane and no company... not as fun with no one out there.... i wont go on long key alone 9/10 times...or channel 5 cause if something happened anything no one would know or be around... safety more than anything else... i fished sunday from 6 til about 3 am.... hit my permie bout 830 as sun was fading completely. on the setup i had the fight was fairly quick, maybe i should let him tire more i dunno but i got him up to the wall pretty damn fast under ten minutes.. it was a heart breaker...

i dj 8-4am so i have to really be in the mood or it be overcast in the am for me to fish after working all night... im on a permit mission right now..... snapper is just an after thought... im all rigged up and ready to go.... i did hoook a few short grouper this past two weeks.. couple small grovers under 11 i let em go. and one 8 ft nurse....holy crap i muscled him in wasnt goin anywhere.... im a firm believer in 50 lb out there. 30lb minimum.

yeah give me a heads up so i can grab bait or whatever before work and just head out.. i usually go outthere with nothin but sabikis and squid (gave up on ballyhoo this summer) I use what i catch... but now ill have to grab my crabs on my way down. my aptmnt is in tavernier right across from mcdonalds

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

clarence2society wrote:y my aptmnt is in tavernier right across from mcdonalds
Good to hear you moved out there and not doing the long drive. Make sure them hoo are fresh! Dont tell me you dont like chasing them on ch2 :D

Since you are out there i will talk to Wayne Lowry he owns a tackle bait shop and has side business that you might be interested in doing. I will also check with Danny and Eric as they work the side business for Wayne. Danny's brother is a pain in the @$$ but nothing you wouldnt be able to handle. Now, their sister Meg is :toast: Kevin is their younger brother and i bet you would like hanging out with him once you get to know him- He the owner of a dock out there.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

ah no kidding thats sweet..... im actually still living in davie my friend andi split an efficiency down here.. 600 cut in half... so i have my house i own in davie and the place down here too.. i can come and go as iplease stay longer or come down earlier... the drive doesnt bother me anymore.... and got my new whip 3 days ago... 03 4runner looks new :)

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Rare wrote:
Good to hear you moved out there and not doing the long drive. Make sure them hoo are fresh! Dont tell me you dont like chasing them on ch2 :D

Since you are out there i will talk to Wayne Lowry he owns a tackle bait shop and has side business that you might be interested in doing. I will also check with Danny and Eric as they work the side business for Wayne. Danny's brother is a pain in the @$$ but nothing you wouldnt be able to handle. Now, their sister Meg is :toast: Kevin is their younger brother and i bet you would like hanging out with him once you get to know him- He the owner of a dock out there.
LMAO

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Miami_Chris wrote:
LMAO
The Blood runs thick with this one. :wink:

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Rare wrote:

You win!

Nice fish too fellas.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

a man can have two homes without moving to the second one lol....

lost my second permit thiks am... same spot probably same fish.. but he ran me through the tunnel couldnt do much he was 20 feet left of me and bolted.... this one wasnt my doing .... third times a charm.... other than that not much happening out there this am

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

A bitter sweet victory is soon to be have....hang in there!!! The one advice I can give is don't go crazy and just relax. Enjoy the moment and make every move count. Do not 2nd guess your choice and just deal with it and learn from it. This will make you the winner in the long run.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

yeah brother... i was more clam this time it was quick though.... he actually came right up top against the wall immediately afteri set it was weird thats why i say it was the same fish.... then he bolted right and boom left and beforei knew it he dart left in tunnel was nothin i could do there cept one thing which i think i will do next time and move opposite his direction.. i tried just light tugging to walk the dog out but he was straight running.... hell im happy im hookin em.. they are not exactly easy to land so im doin ok:) i thought my buddy was gonna come out with me after work and was gonna hit channel five... but nope.. andi know where this particular fish is so im hunting him down specifically...... i am thinkin bout taking my big thunnus and rigging it up with 50 lb. i spinner may be easier to fight him with..but only rod i have for that is my 11 ft fin nor... i had him muscled the first time with 50lb test and 60 lb leader... perhaps if i had muscled him again i could have got him from the tunnels... but i was thinkin that i would let him run a bit and the idea was he go out liek last time i was gonna let him tire out a bit then pull him in to net him... ha didnt go as planned.

having a blast and you know me im in beast mode when im out there... ill be tired though after being up al lday and djign all night again.. but im off al lday n night tomorrow so i can stick it out and not worry how beat i am when im done.....

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

that was my plan yesterday it kinda back fired... but yes i will stay with that plan and not rush it...

WE SHALL SLOW DANCE

Return to “Monroe County”