Dry Tortugas

Boatless Fishing Reports for Monroe County, Florida Keys
Leadslinger
Old Salt

Re: Dry Tortugas

Post by Leadslinger »

Slipped out yesterday evening, pretty unspectacular showing. A few RG, tails, and porgy mania. Weatherman missed it pretty bad, forecast for 6-8PM was 5 ESE well it was more like 15 from the NW. That coupled with a ripping current flowing SW made for aggravation, nice to drop a 10oz bucktail and watch it end up about 50' behind you.

Someone borrowed a few boxes of chum without telling me but thankfully there were way past prime sardines in the freezer. Thawed them out and mashed it to a nice glop of tastiness in an attempt to get the guest a few tails behind the boat. It worked, brought aboard some decent fish. Make due with what you got right?

Tangles tangles tangles...

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

That's what is all about. "Make due with what you got" :toast:

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Went down this past weekend for the first time since I got hurt (the Monday after our Yankee trip). Water is still pretty warm but we managed a respectable haul. Water was a little dirty with the little blow. so live bait didn't do as well as butterflied pilchards.

Hoping I get released back to full time work later this month so come on down and catch em up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

Nice!
Been dying to try out one of those trip.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Leadslinger wrote:Went down this past weekend for the first time since I got hurt (the Monday after our Yankee trip). Water is still pretty warm but we managed a respectable haul. Water was a little dirty with the little blow. so live bait didn't do as well as butterflied pilchards.

Hoping I get released back to full time work later this month so come on down and catch em up.
Nice! Be careful bud. Had no idea you got hurt.

-Swordfish

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Danny, glad to see you out and about. I asked Herb if you fell from the fort sleep walking :jester:

How big are them pinks? :toast:

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Haha nah dude, wish it was a cool story. Just bad luck and negligence from a co-worker.

Biggest pink was something like 17-18lbs but to be honest I was more interested in getting the boat cleaned and fish cut than weighing. Long as they're comfortably legal I don't worry to much. I do know there were a few that were in the 20" range which is shortest I've seen out there.

Juan, shoot me a text man. Same number, new phone...again. lol

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

I look forward to these reports the most on this forum.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Hey, Danny...Hammer likes you.... :P

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Lol! He's a good dude with a ton of knowledge to share.

Return to “Monroe County”