New to the forum

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
Pbenson27
Fisher

New to the forum

Post by Pbenson27 »

Hi guys, new to the forum here. I'm from Canada but I frequently make trips to Florida (4x this year lol) as I have a free place to stay there and I find cheap flights. Most of the fishing I do is shark fishing from the beach. I read the pinned topic above "land based shark fishing what the state needs you to know" and I completely agree with everything. Circle hooks should always be used, sharks should be brought in and released as quickly as possible, especially big ones. We are sure to always have the proper tools to ensure all of this. Here's a video of my recent shark fishing trip in March. I'm headed back in just over a week for the Canadian long weekend :lol:

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Re: New to the forum

Post by CELLFISH »

Nice pb27'

Sharks are easy, it's the pompanos that are a real challenge...

CELLFISH...

... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Hello and Welcome, I fixed the code so the vid would show :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Nice video man! :thumleft:

I have the same reel the spin 8500, it's a beast. I'm thinking about getting the other one you have on the video the Squall 50VSW. How do you like it?

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Welcome! If you contact NOAA you can get shark tags. If you're cutting everything loose, may as well tag it.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Pbenson27
Fisher

Post by Pbenson27 »

Xtremeh18... I really like the Squall. For the price you can't beat it. It has 40lbs of drag which is very smooth, a really loud clicker, and it holds a ton of line. Unless you're willing to spend $500+ on an Avet I recommend it.

Pbenson27
Fisher

Post by Pbenson27 »

Crashmister that is something I have thought about. My trip to Florida next weekend will be my last until December but I may get tags for December. It is true, why not tag them and try to help out!

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”