New Guy...

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
Awax1978
Fisher

New Guy...

Post by Awax1978 »

Hi Everyone...I'm vowing to fish more in the new year and hence I've joined this forum to learn more. I live in KC, but travel to florida almost monthly and try to incorporate fishing as much as possible. I recently have invested in a travel rod and reel so I'm hoping to increase my fishing time by hitting the beaches, bridges and piers instead of only going when I have time to get a guide. Tight Lines! -Andrew

Avatheps
Fisher

Re: New Guy...

Post by Avatheps »

Hello all,
This is my first post on this forum. My name is Bob and I hail from the Tug Hill Plateau in central New York state. I am old enough to be on Social Security, but young enough to be interested in learning a new sport, that being pier/bridge fishing. I discovered it while visiting my son in Jacksonville, FL last year. My wife and I spent several hours on a fishing pier there just watching folks pulling in a huge array of fish of all sizes. It compares to fishing in the Erie Canal up here in that you just never know what you are going to haul in.

This year we are planning to come south in mid January and stay until the end of April. I intend to get a non resident license for salt water and spend as much time on the pier as possible. I would like to learn the ropes as I want to do it right and be catching fish instead of watching others do it. That is why I joined this forum.

I welcome any tips you may have to offer about this fascinating new sport. I look forward to perhaps meeting some of you on the pier in the not to distant future. Happy New Year all.

Bob

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Greetings. What pier do you think you will be fishing from? Maybe someone can adopt you :reeling:
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Avatheps
Fisher

Post by Avatheps »

Hello again,
As is so often the case, I got lost in the cycle of life, you know; births, deaths, upset plans and so forth and so on. I have only just now returned to BF to take take up where I left you back last December when I made my first post. My plans for a visit to Jacksonville, Florida have changed slightly. We are now packing the car in preparation for leaving next Monday AM. After a stop at Fort Jackson, SC to see our grandson graduate from Army basic training, we should be arriving in Jacksonville on the 16th. We plan on staying until mid February before heading back to NY and the frozen mountain. One major change tho, is that I have finally convinced my wife that we should permanently move south. While in Jax we will be scouting new digs. I already have a buyer here, so the rest is up to us.

I have started to stockpile fishing gear at my son's J'ville house already. Through Ebay and Craig's list I have gotten some really great deals on one of those fancy pier fishing carts you southern folks use. I have also acquired 2 surf rods and 2 nice reels to go with them. I have been boning up on tackle and knot tying as well so as not to be a total dud when I get started down there. I will be mostly fishing from the big pier right there in Jax, but hope to expand to several other areas as far out as Daytona and St Augustine as I progress.

In the meantime, I will be trying to get the hang of this new laptop I have with Win 8.1, and learn the ropes on BF. I hope to meet some of you fellow BFers online and maybe even on shore very soon. :patriot:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

that's funny to read your saying "fishing cart you southern folks use"
And think of it, there is no place like florida keys bridges, the most southern place in US where fishing cart is mandatory survival kit for fishing.
There are many threads showing off members ' cart. so far I like sophiscated KOTS brand...Show me what you got from ebay.
BTW, we southern folks have nothern accent.. :uplol:

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”