Matheson or Blackpoint

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
yovanyr94
Fisher

Matheson or Blackpoint

Post by yovanyr94 »

Thinking about heading to Matheson or Blackpoint tomorrow as my grandfather comes once a year from Vegas to visit the family and he loves fishing. Honestly I have never fished at either park, any help would be appreciated from now til tomorrow. Mainly looking to target some groves. :reeling: :fish:

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Matheson or Blackpoint

Post by swordfish »

Blackpoint, next to the floodgate, live shrimp... You will have to sift through them but you should limit out once you feed all the little ones... May get a snook or tarpon surprise too

-swordfish

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

silversides would also be a good bait for instant action (all be it difficult during the daytime to get a nice snapper at any of those locations). Just make sure you keep them cold...they mush up easy. I would set the only man up with light tackle...15-20lb leader and a 1-2/0 circle...something will be caught

Good to see you fishing again Juan....We need to plan something...come up to north beach homie!

yovanyr94
Fisher

Post by yovanyr94 »

Thank you for the advice, greatly appreciated. Will post images and report once we arrive and fish...

yovanyr94
Fisher

Post by yovanyr94 »

Ok so even though the advice given was amazing, my grandfather did not want to listen to me and forced us out to the wood bridge before the jetty. (Old folks) we ended up catching 3 ladyfish 22"+, and one Grover (keeper) caught a total of about 8 groves but we're mostly undersized except the one keeper. Was there from 1-4PM. Good time passer..

-yovanyr94 / Geo

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”