Miami fishing

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
davegreen92
Fisher

Miami fishing

Post by davegreen92 »

Hey guys ive been looking up spots for fishing in miami area and ive found blackpoint, hammockmatheson park, coral gables waterway and a place named gilberts right at the entrance of key largo anybody been to these spots before ? which one of these is the best or if you guys have any other spots? any help appreciated mainly going for snappers snook tarpon .

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Miami fishing

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

You're better off just driving to the keys..Islamorada is just about 1:30 away!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

I think we gave you this advice already :scratch: your heading the wrong direction and why such a similar post, snappers and tarpon may be the exception but for the other I think you should head north. If you really want snapper in the blackpoint area you can PM me and we will meet up if you a cool dude maybe I'll show you where they are lol other than that you are in the wrong area for all but the snapper head farther south or way back north.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

davegreen92 wrote:Hey guys ive been looking up spots for fishing in miami area and ive found blackpoint, hammockmatheson park, coral gables waterway and a place named gilberts right at the entrance of key largo anybody been to these spots before ? which one of these is the best or if you guys have any other spots? any help appreciated mainly going for snappers snook tarpon .

those areas sound like a great starting point...look up some threads using the search option and learn some techniques for what you want to target....give it a try and you'll be surprised how much you learn :cheers:

let us know how you do...and then, you've gained knowledge on your own based on your effort, and people will be more willing to help :dude: heres my 2 cents... find the pilchards, catch the pilchards and fish and fish and fish..buy some frozen silversides as a backup..and fish..even if people told you exactly where to go it would be useless without knowing what to do ......guess what, theres only one way to learn that...by fishing! :salut:

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

lets narrow this down a bit. Gilberts is gonna give u the most action..u could drop gables water way right off rip. black point holds small snapper here n there and some snook. around bridge,docks,fishing piers, if u walk the jettie out, u have chances of permit, n some others.. matheson is good with a yax. grass flats around hold trout,some snook around mangroves.
now u just have to fish for endless hours trying every bait,lure and tides..

good luck

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”