Fishing in miami help

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
davegreen92
Fisher

Fishing in miami help

Post by davegreen92 »

Hey guys whats up my name is Dave Green new to the site , I recently moved down south to Miami and was wondering if you guys knew any good snook/tarpon spots mainly snook , i tried blackpoint but had no luck, only a cuda. i live by the blackpoint area. Thanks any tips/help is greatly appreciated

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Re: Fishing in miami help

Post by baseball4life702 »

Snook is caught at blackpoint every once in a blue moon if you know what that mean lol. I go there for snapper mainly. I would try the drainage canals on old cutler but it all depends on the status of the flood gates down here.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

davegreen92 wrote:Hey guys whats up my name is Dave Green new to the site , I recently moved down south to Miami and was wondering if you guys knew any good snook/tarpon spots mainly snook , i tried blackpoint but had no luck, only a cuda. i live by the blackpoint area. Thanks any tips/help is greatly appreciated
get on google maps and find canals south of bp...walk some of the newly found canals south of black point to the spillways and beyond...bring a cast net with you...there are usually mullet everywhere...i wouldn't do this at night btw...or at least i never have....even armed its spooky down some of those canals...

i usually tie a flashy jig on so while im taking the trek down the fresh side i can sight cast any peacocks or lmb that may be around...but its not a lot of them...last time i went the water east of the spillway was rusty..ive never seen it that color and i didnt catch anything on the salt side. oh yea...there are some big carp in some of those canals (if you're in a pinch). if you have any fresh fruit (grapes, berries...) you can usually get one...the big ones are fun on light tackle, but dont be posting carp pics unless you like being made fun of lol

i was thinking of hitting the keys monday evening, if you or anyone else has work off and wants to make a day of it i think it can be a lot of fun

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Snook are thick at the major inlets this very minute.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

summer time all over the beaches n inlets..

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

LINESIDER wrote:summer time all over the beaches n inlets..
bait is thick too....pilchards all along the surf by my apt just south of surfside...

plenty of mangrove snapper in the bay too if you put the time in to look for them...hitting live and fresh pilchards just the same

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Bait is definitely thick now, The snapper have been around the last few weeks but went to blackpoint tonight from an hour before sundown till the storm drove us out at 10:30. Nothing but one tiny Grover just not a good night, using fresh pilchards and shrimp. poop show at the marina though Had a guy pull out of the ramp almost hitting us on the seawall again and then run over my bomber long 16a going towards the restaurant. he tried to cut it out but I know he wrapped a lot of line and forsure the lure cuz it pulled till he cut it. Then the idiot comes back the other way 2 min later obv. had no idea how to get out to the bay/ocean. He came back in about 20 minutes later and sat there till after we had left, makes me happy my $7 lure is gonna end up cost him a lot more. Also a typical "I can't pull my boat out" guy, they ended up using the boat engine to push forward and sprayed the whole damn area down.
Guess all the traffic could have scared the bite off too.

orlyr21
Fisher

Post by orlyr21 »

Hey bud try Baker's Haulover inlet early morning and late night when the tide is ripping through. I've caught many a tarpon just off the jetty of the ocean side of the inlet and seen people catchin some monster snook every now and then.
Central Florida Saltwater/ Freshwater

Makes the best fishing gift - http://www.monthlybaitclub.com

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

dont listen to most of these fools sheet most of them have never caught a snook over 25in just go to haulover spend a cool 100 on jigs and just keep fishing till you figure it out
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”