Heading to Anglins

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Heading to Anglins

Post by phillybass »

I'll be heading to Anglins for the weekend. hope the snapper are biting and the macks are in. Hope to see you guys there I'll be wearing the Boston Bruins hat. :reeling: :reeling: :reeling:
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

kblue
SHARKER

Re: Heading to Anglins

Post by kblue »

I was told Pompano pier was good around 3:30 PM today and I think Anglin also would be good around that time tomorrow.
Catch some live baits...

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Hopefully there will be some around.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

I heard 337 im just saying

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Good luck out there. Working or I would swing by to BS
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

kblue wrote:I was told Pompano pier was good around 3:30 PM today and I think Anglin also would be good around that time tomorrow.
Catch some live baits...
Pompano pier was totally dead from 1:30 ~ 6 PM although glass minnows was thick. what a waste time... :mad:

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

No wind is never a good thing.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

SaltyDog wrote:No wind is never a good thing.
Now you telling me :mad:

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Anyone out here besides me I'm out on the t

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

phillybass wrote:Anyone out here besides me I'm out on the t
Im using the bathroom...I will be right out in a few mins.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

kblue wrote:
Anyone mention that the bait has to reach all the way down to the water? I still can't figure out your skill level so its difficult being helpful for you.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:
kblue wrote:
Anyone mention that the bait has to reach all the way down to the water?
Now you telling me... :mad:

BTW, I caught one lizard... so 7 lizards in total, lol

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Those spoons are killin it for you Jungsoo :cyclopsani: btw do you remember me telling you the wind is a major player from piers?

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Serious question .......... Exactly what do you think is swimming tonight that would be chasing that 3oz. Hopkins looking lure you have been tossing all year and catching only lizards? Is there anything presently being caught by others that would hit that tonight? I'm serious. I could toss a goofy jig til the cows come home and I'm not going to be catching any POMPS now. You do know what doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is called?
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Serious question .......... Exactly what do you think is swimming tonight that would be chasing that 3oz. Hopkins looking lure you have been tossing all year and catching only lizards? Is there anything presently being caught by others that would hit that tonight? I'm serious. I could toss a goofy jig til the cows come home and I'm not going to be catching any POMPS now. You do know what doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is called?
I haven't seen any single fish except hound and my lizard...
Many folks this afternoon were jigging or bait fishing and nothing meaningful over the rail.

Small/big Jack and big mack are chasing 3oz spoon... Stronger the current and dirtier the water, spoon works better.
I typically use many other lures like crappie jig, clark spoon, x-rap also...
But I always catch lizard on my 3 oz spoon...they are coming up from the bottom and swallowed it

Sometimes, I make three golden hooks sabiki jig with spoon at the end when macks are outside of crappie jig's distance.
And I cast very far and bring macks close to the pier by teasing them. And then I watch how those people with crappie jig are catching any macks I brought.
If condition is good like windy and big waves as Saltydog said, I could kill them with this set up. At one cast, I caught three macks and one blue one day at anglin...(macks on each of 3 sabiki golden hooks and blue on spoon). When mack is on one hook, I reel in slowly, and then others on other hooks...lol

But the problem right now seems mack only biting on live baits...

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

When the water gets clear and the wind is not blowing any species you are targeting will only hit live bait on light leader yes you will get cut off but long shank hooks and circles can prevent this or will for sure increase your hook up ratio when targeting toohty critters long shank others circle.

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”