NEW RIVER. FT LAUDERDALE?

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
esteban_323
Fisher

NEW RIVER. FT LAUDERDALE?

Post by esteban_323 »

Hey everyone wanted to go fish the new river in downtown ft lauderdale soon, but was wondering if there are any areas where you can fish from shore? looking to catch snook, snapper, or tarpon.
Appreciate any help, thanks

weetza10
Weekend Warrior

Re: NEW RIVER. FT LAUDERDALE?

Post by weetza10 »

You will probably be OK downtown, North side of the river near the train tracks at that park down there. Sorry can't remember the name-next to the Stranahan House I believe. There is some small parks, vacant lots, ect. further west in Sailboat Bend, Tarpon River area as well. :dude:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

I live on New River North branch in Sailboat Bend. It's my back yard. Seen all kind's of fish but never could get anything but catfish to bite. Be careful where you fish, lot's o private property around there.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

DigiCowboy
Weekend Warrior

Post by DigiCowboy »

esteban_323 wrote:Hey everyone wanted to go fish the new river in downtown ft lauderdale soon, but was wondering if there are any areas where you can fish from shore? looking to catch snook, snapper, or tarpon.
Appreciate any help, thanks
Hi,
New member here.
How did you make out there ? Any luck finding a good spot - would be interested to know.

Thanks!

walt87
Fisher

Post by walt87 »

There are tons of spots just hard to find ones that arent over fished. Still very productive if you are using the right gear,I live in ft.lad. try to get out as often as i can, got a nice 30lb bull shark not long ago off davie blvd in the new river tons of tarpon always rollin there but too smart if you have heavy tackle same with the snook there.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

You can also try either side of the bridge at 84. Lots of room and deep. A little farther down, there is a park on hollywood blvd about a block north on the west side of the bridge. You can get good access to the fenders there too.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”