Bahia Honda on 4/6...Need Advise

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
Post Reply
Thegarageguy
Fisher
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Bahia Honda on 4/6...Need Advise

Post by Thegarageguy »

Going to Bahia Honda for the first time next weekend. I'm from the Cocoa Beach area, so i mostly do shore fishing. Don't have a boat, so I'd like to try to do some shore and bridge fishing around Bahia Honda while there. I could use some advise from whoever has some experience. Looking for info on spots to try, bait, tackle, and rigs. Anything at all will help!
Thanks :reeling:

User avatar
Swordslayer71
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Summerland Key, Fl

Re: Bahia Honda on 4/6...Need Advise

Post by Swordslayer71 »

What species do you want to target?
Hold Fast

uguysareidiots
Fisher
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Bahia Honda on 4/6...Need Advise

Post by uguysareidiots »

if you go to the state park and fish off a ledge they have there by the beach you could go for tarpon and snapper although I'd recommend you take a ton of weights with you...that bottom can be tricky.

Thegarageguy
Fisher
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Bahia Honda on 4/6...Need Advise

Post by Thegarageguy »

I like to catch dinner, so I want to fish for edible species that I can keep. That being said, I would like to fight a tarpon at least once!

Thegarageguy
Fisher
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Bahia Honda on 4/6...Need Advise

Post by Thegarageguy »

If the bottom is tricky, what kind of terminal tackle do you use?

uguysareidiots
Fisher
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Bahia Honda on 4/6...Need Advise

Post by uguysareidiots »

Thegarageguy wrote:If the bottom is tricky, what kind of terminal tackle do you use?
if you're going to go for snapper, I'd use a jighead tipped with live shrimp or cut bait. That should minimize the number of times you'll get rocked (this is if you fish off that ledge at the park I mentioned...not sure about the nearby bridge). If you use lures you won't really have to worry about that...the best thing about fishing off that ledge is the likelihood of you losing a tarpon (considering you have the appropriate gear) is minimal because there's a lot of open water there. If you want to use live bait for the tarpon, I'd go for a floating setup...use a balloon as the floater.

Post Reply

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”