Offshore 4/29, YFT's and dolphin

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Offshore 4/29, YFT's and dolphin

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

gruntking wrote:
fishnfool73 wrote:RORY do you guys have to check in with the locals ? This will be well within the range of my boat so interested in sorting out the logistics now.

Yup you have to check in plus you have to pay for a fishing permit
Not where we were. We were north of the Bahamian federal waters (area called the Corner). All international water out there and don't need to check in. We still bring passports though, in case there was an emergency and we had to run to land, as Grand Bahama Island would be the closest.

If you were fishing out of Broward though, you wouldn't be going up to the Corner, that would be a long-ass run. You'd probably be running to Providence Channel, which runs between Bimini and Grand, to tuna fish, in which case you are supposed to check in. Would be a lot harder to do in a one-day trip if you had to check in, that's why most of the tuna guys run out of Jupiter or further north.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

fishnfool73 wrote:RORY do you guys have to check in with the locals ? This will be well within the range of my boat so interested in sorting out the logistics now.

I am sure you know, that if you head out of P.E., it is closer to head over to the canyons NE of Great Isaacs light. Much closer than the corner and if you want to check in it will add about two hours onto your trip. I was going to do it one time, plus I loaded up on live pilchards the day before from the pier, but I ended up just fishing near Great Isaac. I dont have radar, so I was not confident I would find the birds.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
gruntking wrote:

Not where we were. We were north of the Bahamian federal waters (area called the Corner). All international water out there and don't need to check in. We still bring passports though, in case there was an emergency and we had to run to land, as Grand Bahama Island would be the closest.

If you were fishing out of Broward though, you wouldn't be going up to the Corner, that would be a long-ass run. You'd probably be running to Providence Channel, which runs between Bimini and Grand, to tuna fish, in which case you are supposed to check in. Would be a lot harder to do in a one-day trip if you had to check in, that's why most of the tuna guys run out of Jupiter or further north.
How many miles of shore would you say you were ?
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

90-120 miles from FL. About 40 from the closest Bahamian island.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

I just wanted to know how far off the island
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Was out today.. bite shutdown at 10:00am... but we trolled around for another couple hours. Dolphin were out in about 550' to 650', hanging around a weedy line, theh outside the small tuna's were eating everything.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Pat you know freaking everything. These machines do absolutely everything by themselves and even If you are illiterate you can fly out of the box. The only issue now is range......not the ability to fly further (they have that) but permission from the government. We understand Amazon is ready to go as soon as the logistics are worked out cause it's gonna be a very crowded sky. Think AirMap.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
gruntking wrote:

If I hit that area would just trailer the boat up there
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”