105 foot Yacht sinks off Anglens pier

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: 105 foot Yacht sinks off Anglens pier

Post by Green Tide »

Rare wrote:Since Yacht are the subject..... (tommy
Billionaire Paul Allen has given millions of dollars to conservation causes over the years, including ones that support ocean exploration and preservation. But earlier this month, his 300-foot yacht Tatoosh allegedly caused significant damage to a protected coral reef in the Cayman Islands.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016 ... oral-reef/
49th largest in the world that was one badass boat.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

That is maga yacht class... $1M Euro per meter...lol

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

kblue wrote:That is maga yacht class... $1M Euro per meter...lol
And to be fair, coral they ruined is $1B dollar per foot...

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

No worries Geiko will take care of that coral $$$$ LOL
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

So that is at least a $32M Euro boat. 35,520,000 American. I prefer to blame that kind of damage on euro.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Apparently that's wrong, Tatoosh is only worth 160 million. They may have confused the 416' Octopus which Allen also owns. He had Tatoosh up for sale in 2010 for 125 million, no takers so he kept it.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

crashmister wrote:He had Tatoosh up for sale in 2010 for 125 million, no takers so he kept it.
Gonna sink next year (tommy
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Dam, the bad luck!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Green Tide wrote:
So that is at least a $32M Euro boat. 35,520,000 American. I prefer to blame that kind of damage on euro.
You did math wrong...is OK :wink: ...
The length of this yacht is 300ft (100Meter) so the price of the yacht in this class is $100M Euro in avrage.
crashmister wrote:Apparently that's wrong, Tatoosh is only worth 160 million. They may have confused the 416' Octopus which Allen also owns. He had Tatoosh up for sale in 2010 for 125 million, no takers so he kept it.

Now, who cares Euro... Once upon a time 1M euro used to be $1.6M USD...so $100MEuro used to be $160M USD...now only $112M USD

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

OK I was show my math

105'=32.004 meters
32million x1.11 conversion=35,520,000

Boat was measured in feet

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Green Tide wrote:OK I was show my math

105'=32.004 meters
32million x1.11 conversion=35,520,000

Boat was measured in feet
Sorry for accusing you for math genius..... We are talking about two different boats...
I was talking about 300' Tatooth (thanks to Rare) and you were talking about 105' Serena III.
Serena III is super yacht class not mega yacht... super yacht price is much less than 1 M euro per meter...varies a lot.
The level of owner also many different class... World Street millionaire may barely afford shitty-looking low-class super yacht while their client may be able to afford mid-upper super yacht... Those who can afford mega yacht are totally different species... I think there may be only 400-500 mega yacht... They want to be looked differently from those super yacht owners...(no matter how rich these f@ckers are, they only have 24 hours a day...and had to spend a half of it to sleep, eat, sh!t...etc so life is fair...lol)
Serena III looks to me one of those sh!tty-looking low-class super yacht... I would say it was $4M...now, not even 1 penny...lol

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

A luxury yacht up to 24 meeters (79 feet) is considered just that, a luxury yacht. Everything above that is considered a super yacht. Super yacht, mega yacht and now gigga yacht, are basically the same. There are currently 32 privately owned professionally crewed 100+ meter yachts on the planet. The 3 designations have no criteria separating them. All 4 terms were created by yachting magiznes in reference to the finish level of whatever yacht they were reviewing. (Imported marble tile instead of ceramic, solid teak as opposed to veneers things like that. At this level, what's in a yacht is as important as size in terms of cost.
I have a bro that's currently refitting a 2006 105 foot Cutlass. The owner wants top shelf everything. Boat was worth about 8 mill when it hauled out. It'll be worth around 65 when complete. Guy spent 1.2 just refitting new drives. Updating the stabilizers was another 1.5. Bear in mind, all the boats systems we in perfect working order. Just not new and improved. Last month, the wireless control remotes were installed. The entire boat can be operated off what resembles a cell phone. They spent 5k each on red and green nav lights. Right now they're refitting the on board tender storage to accommodate a 32 fountain CC along with everything else you could want.

These people have lots o money! And they want everyone to know it. Crazy part is, most spend less than 2 months a year on board.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

crashmister wrote:Super yacht, mega yacht and now gigga yacht, are basically the same. There are currently 32 privately owned professionally crewed 100+ meter yachts on the planet.
As far as I know, super yacht and mega yacht are not same class ( probably in price as well)... I used to work for a well-known company who provides satellite communication over these yachts (and cruise ships, gas and oil platforms)...This is the reason why I am stuck here in Ft Lauderdale... (This company is still my client). If we go to Fisher Island to fix something, there are many yachts that wanted to be called as mega or super...but our tech called some day cruise ($10M below ) as they are dealing so many... Mega yachts used to send Helicopter to pick up technician to their yacht at Bahama to fix Internet antenna... Many Yachts(Mega or super) stop at Ft Lauderdale marina for maintenance before they head to Caribbean for winter...lol
I used to go to Monaco yacht show( the only mega yacht show I considered) a few times...and I was told by yacht brokers that the reason why these yachts are so expensive is because there are so many middle men who can make a good living by being involved with selling one yacht every other year...Leasing one yacht may cost easily over $100K/week (not including crew and fuel).

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

http://www.superyachts.com/largest-yach ... s-live.htm

That #8 on that video is a war yacht! :auto:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Dubai pays their President pretty well.
That's just motor yachts Nels. There's a bunch o sailing yachts in the super range. Been on Maltise Falcon, aboard, not under sail. Most amazing thing I've ever seen. The sails are computerized. Sounds crazy but the entire navigation system is fly by wire integrated with pivoting masts. Basically, one person can sail this thing, comfortably. You turn the wheel and the computer does the rest.

http://youtu.be/IYySluFUyRw

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

kblue wrote:...(no matter how rich these f@ckers are, they only have 24 hours a day...and had to spend a half of it to sleep, eat, sh!t...etc so life is fair...lol)
Damn right :dude:
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

crashmister wrote:
That's just motor yachts Nels. There's a bunch o sailing yachts in the super range. .
The link of the top 100 yachts have the sail yachts there too. """Sailing Yacht A Yacht""" is #9

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

crashmister wrote:Dubai pays their President pretty well.
That's just motor yachts Nels. There's a bunch o sailing yachts in the super range. Been on Maltise Falcon, aboard, not under sail. Most amazing thing I've ever seen. The sails are computerized. Sounds crazy but the entire navigation system is fly by wire integrated with pivoting masts. Basically, one person can sail this thing, comfortably. You turn the wheel and the computer does the rest.

http://youtu.be/IYySluFUyRw
Computerized sails ? Sailing has come along way since you came here on the Mayflower huh CRASHMISTER ? (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

STRIZ wrote:
kblue wrote:...(no matter how rich these f@ckers are, they only have 24 hours a day...and had to spend a half of it to sleep, eat, sh!t...etc so life is fair...lol)
Damn right :dude:
Above you can enjoy an inaccurate Asian comment with trans Atlantic agreement from the Dark Side. tommy (tommy (tommy Those people? Those few? Trust me lads they eat a lot better than us. They sleep a lot better than us. And their pampered buttholes even schit a lot better than ours. Their whole friggin ride (short as all are) is still better.

But most of all was ..................so life is fair. Life is not supposed to be fair. Life is just random. Why else would 87% of all humans on the planet would sell daughters into slavery to live where and how we do. Like that's fair lol
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”