The adventure begins. Again!

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Re: The adventure begins. Again!

Post by STRIZ »

Kingofthesea wrote:I just got home and I'm thinking the guys are asleep in warm stationary beds right now. The stories are all theirs to tell....Im just reporting they are back, they are safe and none the worse for wear.

Joey didn't get an official "cow" and lost the bet so he had to shave the beard!!!! I took this shot of the Boatless three of them after the trim. Ronnie is it the sour diesel or is friggin GK half the size without the beard? Can he still be a cracker redneck at that size? But I was glad to see that ugly mug again.
image.jpg
Well he must of lost a pound or 2 but hey he can stuff a pillow right? lmfao
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Rare wrote:
gdm phil wrote:do they get any blue fin over there?
The longer trips of 8 to 12 days usually fish 300 to 1000 miles south of San Diego at such places as Uncle Sam Bank, Alijos Rocks, the 23 Fathom Bank and Thetis Bank, where the targeted specias include yellowfin tuna, bluefin tuna, big eye tuna, yellowtail, wahoo and dorado.
From the reports average is about 100lb and under but 200plus can be caught and so on. The big boys are in our coast.
That's interesting. Only place on that list I've ever been to is Alijos. Clarion island and the Hurricane Bank aren't even mentioned. Last trip, all 5 boats were at the island. Both Polaris boats, Indy, excell, and the rooster. Wonder if it has anything to do with the ban? We're really not supposed to fish within 6 miles of the island. But because the island crew loves us and the swag we bring they don't care what we do. That and the better fishing spots are on the other side of the island. So the camp can't see us.

And yeah Phil, we got a couple blues last trip. Much to my surprise I might add. I never knew they were anywhere else but our North coast. But I thought Beluga whales were a northern animal as well. We had one chasing kite baits (big squid) off of the island one morning last trip. Last year a whale shark circled the boat a couple times. That was wicked cool. This year El Niño just screwed up everything! Between the Cyclones, and the water temp being 12 degrees warmer than normal, even the island birds were scarce. We lost 25% of our bait on the way down and while we were there. That's close to 100 dozen.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Congrats to the boys, looks like they did great. :toast: :toast: :toast:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Rare wrote:
STRIZ wrote:LOL

That Wahoo on the left is bigger than the dude. He got food for a month lol

Cool beans
That guy is doing really well out there. Wondering if he has the precious ring? (tommy

I really thought he was holding a magic wand, LOL Can only imagine the work out.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Chit...he's holding a fin! I thought it was a wand too
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

How well do those fish hold up after 10 days being chilled? Some of those wahoo don't look too great.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

This is not commercial fishing boat whose purpose is to sell fish with highest price tag...
Fish quality can not be that good.... the boat may not have enough space... To keep big fish in a good quality, inside gut has to be removed and filled in with ice...

Good Job to GK, Fishfool, and BOLO!!!

I believe those island Mexican Coast Guard played a big role on fishing outcomes between tow consecutive trips, which was luck of Pat...as I remember one blessed special fishing trip on an Island or place where normally fishing is not allowed by US Navy(not USCG) and was allowed with special permit for Film shooting...

I am sure GK will remember those drag setting for his life and talked about hos story forever over and over until we say enough is enough...lol but I want hear them up to ten times... :toast:
So long ago at my time of a few monster fishing... I recalled 20 LB (over 80LB diamond mono) was drag recommended for Blue Marline on Pen 13/0... Come to think of it... why do we need so much drag power while fish jaw or swallowed leader line is not that strong... just to lose fish ??? It is our natural reaction to increase drag when line goes out quickly...lol And I image worst thing would be to increase the drag while tuna runs like rocket...(they are no bonito) It will damage something somewhere...
But it was one fish fighting in one boat...not like multiple hooks up in one boat...no idea how to handle multiple hooks up within a boat...

Can't wait to hear the story...

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

i will say it takes a really special person to do these trips

will i go back probably not
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

screw doing the rooster again im just going to book a trip with chris looks at the beast he just posted on ig

YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

I'm going to confess something, everything sounds great on this trip that you guys went, my problem it's the plain , phobia with heights I can't handle that, I will love to catch one of them yf's on a rod build by me with a nice reel, I know they give an awesome fight , but my problem it's heights :pale: drunk I could drive the plain .... but I quit almost 3 years now.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

I'm I the only one with this problem? :biglaugh:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:How well do those fish hold up after 10 days being chilled? Some of those wahoo don't look too great.
Interesting. The YF tuna (@15lb.) was as good as the best I have ever eaten. Flipped an ahi poke as soon as I got home and it is outstanding.. I have an additional 45lbs of wahoo which is now frozen. Visually the fish is outstanding re: color, texture, aroma, shine. With a years supply I think im going to love it. Then last but not least, 10lbs of the poor man's lobster California sheepshead which is next up. Of course, this fish was courtesy of GK so quality is never an issue. That said, I did see a wahoo back on the dock so soft the gaff tore it apart trying to move it.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Kingofthesea wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:How well do those fish hold up after 10 days being chilled? Some of those wahoo don't look too great.
Interesting. The YF tuna (@15lb.) was as good as the best I have ever eaten. Flipped an ahi poke as soon as I got home and it is outstanding.. I have an additional 45lbs of wahoo which is now frozen. Visually the fish is outstanding re: color, texture, aroma, shine. With a years supply I think im going to love it. Then last but not least, 10lbs of the poor man's lobster California sheepshead which is next up. Of course, this fish was courtesy of GK so quality is never an issue. That said, I did see a wahoo back on the dock so soft the gaff tore it apart trying to move it.

well sir im glad you are njoyin the fish \

just so you know i ate almost all of what you gave me that night :shaking2: what a nice ride home
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

permitchaser wrote:I'm I the only one with this problem? :biglaugh:
you aint the only one bud... but i can still get on the plane because the places i go it would take me few days to drive to... and there's always Xanax or Valium available.. dont take flakka tho :nilly: :nilly:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Last time I travel I took 4 valiums and they didn't do anything , going to Venezuela coming back bought a bottle of rum ,and it work.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Backups to the Aventura

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

permitchaser wrote:Last time I travel I took 4 valiums and they didn't do anything , going to Venezuela coming back bought a bottle of rum ,and it work.

take a train a bus stfu who the hell cares if you can fly or not isure as hell dont
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

gruntking wrote:
permitchaser wrote:Last time I travel I took 4 valiums and they didn't do anything , going to Venezuela coming back bought a bottle of rum ,and it work.

take a train a bus stfu who the hell cares if you can fly or not isure as hell dont

go take a pill for your vaginal pain .

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

you don't even have the money to waste on a trip like this so what's the point of you even wasting your comments on this thread about being able to fly ?
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Lol momas boy don't give a fak wachu think .awwww

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

just shut up
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Anybody gonna post a report?

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

gruntking wrote:screw doing the rooster again im just going to book a trip with chris looks at the beast he just posted on ig

Betting you caught more in 10 days than this guys caught in 10 years.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Pat I'll write something today when I get home but yeah the rooster wasn't a real slay fest only real wfo bite we saw was skippys
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Can't wait for your report...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I just checked out Joe's report. It's 3 sentences for his report follow by a paragraph of how he will never be back. I saw a few videos of his trip- funny stuff.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I'm waiting for the report just to make sure he includes a very important item. (tommy (tommy (tommy

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

just got home got side tracked by the ladies over at pure platinum but when i wake up tomorrow i'll post some pics wish i knew a way to post all the videos i made while on the boat maybe i can get old rare to log into my account an handle it for me
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

gruntking wrote:Pat I'll write something today when I get home but yeah the rooster wasn't a real slay fest only real wfo bite we saw was skippys
Maybe you just don't understand what really happened regarding this trip from the point of true expectations. Out of the 20 anglers on the boat fishing for big tuna for only 2 1/2 days only 2 guys ( 1 of which never fished for tuna during those 2 days ) that is 18 out of 20 guys either landed a tuna from 100 -293 lbs or lost at least 1 in that range if not numerous big fish lost for a few guys. Also keep in mind that during our 10 day trip on 8 1/2 of those days seas were from 6 -12 ft with bigger swells mixed in. Just watching BOLOs videos of the wave action made me want to vomit.

Given the time we targeted big fish and the conditions we had ( nasty seas and no current ) this could have been an incredible trip if our loses of big fish in the lower banks hadn't been so high or conditions were more favorable. That first night for instance in the span of around 2 hours we hooked up on between 16-20 big fish only landing 8 that went from 185 -208 lbs. Imagine landing even half of those fish lost, all of which were in the same size range. Bites like that involving fish of that size don't happen often and I have only seen it once out of all my trips ( also at the lower banks and also at sunset. ) I agree from a condition and an overall catch this trip was bad. I mean combine all of my previous 6 trips totaling 49 days and I get maybe a total of 8 days that were as bad as what we had as far as sea conditions to give you a reference point as to what we really dealt with out there. The catch numbers could have been higher but everyone had a chance of landing a fish of a lifetime this trip in a short period of time on a trip where big fish were not expected. Taking away the number of big fish I saw lost for various reasons this could have been an epic trip as far as big fish landed. I count well over 20 big fish 100 plus lbs lost over those 2 1/2 days. These trips aren't for everyone and as far as a first trip for you two the conditions we had would cause most to steer clear of doing anymore of them. F El Nino (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Tough conditions! Explains allot though. Hard to land big fish with the waves yanking on em like that. Even the smoothest drags will pull a hook over time in those conditions.

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”