Past few trips out of Miami

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Past few trips out of Miami

Post by Miami_Chris »

I haven't posted much lately, so I thought i'd post some pictures from my last few trips. Mostly been in search of dolphin, but have done some reef/wreck fishing as well. Also gave vertical jigging an honest try, and caught my first few fish on the jig, deff a fun way to fish, but id rather drop a live bait down lol. Here are some pictures, also have tons of go pro footage, but I haven't had time to really edit it.

Didn't take many pictures this day as it was pretty slow for us. Ran all the way out to the stream for one small phin lol,
First attempt at ceviche

Another trip me and my cousin went out and ran into the schoolies and loaded up. Not many pictures as most of the action is on the go pro, but this trip produced a full fish box of schoolie dolphin, and yellowtail. Also caught and released a small black grouper.

Went out again yesterday with the cousin, and had a fun day with bent rods all day. Found a nice dolphin way out, then drifted a couple wrecks. The wrecks kept the rods bent the rest of the day.

I have this new obsession with chasing dolphin. It's a legitimate hunt, and I will keep searching for those 30+ pounders. Till next time, hope everyone is getting out there wether on a boat or bridge :dude:

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Re: Past few trips out of Miami

Post by HJared »

Mmmm. I need to catch a dolphin by jig. Suposedly I read if u find a patch with phins drop a jig down cuz there often a wahoo down there ripping up fish the dolphin feed on.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Tight work Chris :toast: April is a good month for big dolphin.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Very cool! Keep it up!

-Swordfish

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Great pics and report...can't beat chasing Mahi and being rewarded with a few for the grill or deep fried fingers..YUM!!!!

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

Good work man ive never got my hands on a phin but the fishing is only getting bettsr with time for them
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Thank guys :toast: , if the winds stay under 15 knots, I'll be out again this week.

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”