Finally her Maiden Voyage

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
LINESIDER
Old Salt

Finally her Maiden Voyage

Post by LINESIDER »

finally got everything cleared up ready to take the skiff out.
51d32710-5327-4160-8833-ca32a6533d06_zpsw5dbuetk.jpg
.Launched at crandon park marina.. headed east out of bare cut to the day markers to catch bait,bunch of skip jacks and large pilchards,
IMG_2628.jpg
after that i headed in government cut to toss couple pilchards around the marina,some heavy fog rolling in
IMG_2630.jpg
wasn't there 10 min before a worker said a cant fish around there..some things dont change land based or not. So we decided to troll couple lures in gov cut west towards bayside. caught a nice mack there. We cruised around bayside and behind key Biscayne.decided to drift the flats behind key biscayne towards mercy hospital and dinner key marina. had a ton of action on those flats, 20" grover smashed a topwater lure, had dozen cudas on the line. managed to flip a nice trout in the cooler.had a red, tail up on my bait.. flats warmed up a bit so decided to run across the bay to stiltsville.
IMG_2629.jpg
here we dropped anchor. raised bimini top,tossed in chum bag.couple min late ballyhoos all over the boat.put out fresh hoos and couple cudas for shark baits :reeling: :cheers:. didnt take long for couple big bulls to cruise right up to are baits.bad ass watching the sand get all churned up,shark on your bait. i was on for a bit till a broke off. bit later a had a solid run.had my drag set so tight couldnt even get rod out of rod holder..lost fish.that was on a whole hoo. after that we ran to billbags to scout out the area for are next trip..
IMG_2631.jpg
all in all great day. not gonna get any work done
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Re: Finally her Maiden Voyage

Post by HJared »

Good poop. I caught tons of massive cudas and yellow Jacks in stilt ville

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

I like how it turns sh!t to poop

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

nice skiff! the cut is better during the winter time..lots of gags come up in the channel..back in the day used to get lots of keepers..i need a boat asap..lol...hell, ill even take a yak!

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Congrats man, livin' the dream! Btw, is "Bare Cut" over where all the nekked chics sun bathe? (tommy

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Awesome... Get em!!!
-Swordfish

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Like to see reports like this :toast: Congrats :thumleft:

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

thanks, ill be back out early next week if not sooner..

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

[quote="BEOWULF"]Congrats man, livin' the dream! Btw, is "Bare Cut" over where all the nekked chics sun bathe? (tommy[/quote]

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Awesome! Mid week trips are the way to go, not so much boat traffic!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

[quote="BEOWULF"]Congrats man, livin' the dream! Btw, is "Bare Cut" over where all the nekked chics sun bathe? (tommy[/quote]

nah, not really...lol..maybe years ago...

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

If you fish the bent range marker on the outgoing tide you'll catch some monster threadfins. All the dredge activity has screwed up fishing in and around the Cut and I suspect it's affecting offshore too, being this year is sucking for sails etc, just around Miami tho. Permit are starting to show on the wrecks, you might want to drift some crabs if it lays down enough for you to poke offshore.

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”