Bluefin tunas, mako, marlin

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Bluefin tunas, mako, marlin

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Fishing the reef had been slow in miami, but there have been some big bites lately. I hooked 2 bluefins in the 400-500# range on the kite on 20#class tackle. Needless to say, we got owned and broke off both fish. I know of a few other boats tht hooked some blues but couldn't land em. Maybe it's time to fly long baits in a 130. Lol. I Landed a 200# mako the other day, drying the jaws out as we speak. Baited a couple blue marlin but didn't get bit. One was eating tilefish off my rig at the transom. My buddy landed a 100# white marlin on a kite. Catching big golden tiles in 600-700' on Bonita strips and squid. Big AJs on the wrecks too in the 200' range. Catchem up guys.

kblue
SHARKER

Re: Bluefin tunas, mako, marlin

Post by kblue »

How far were you out? Landing 400 ~ 500LB bluefin is a dream of lifetime...

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

i believe it from the rumors i hear every year
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:Fishing the reef had been slow in miami, but there have been some big bites lately. I hooked 2 bluefins in the 400-500# range on the kite on 20#class tackle. Needless to say, we got owned and broke off both fish. I know of a few other boats tht hooked some blues but couldn't land em. Maybe it's time to fly long baits in a 130. Lol. I Landed a 200# mako the other day, drying the jaws out as we speak. Baited a couple blue marlin but didn't get bit. One was eating tilefish off my rig at the transom. My buddy landed a 100# white marlin on a kite. Catching big golden tiles in 600-700' on Bonita strips and squid. Big AJs on the wrecks too in the 200' range. Catchem up guys.
Confirming Bluefins, buddy hooked up when the winds laid down. Another buddy got a very decent sail this morning out of the Yak, just off Dania and a King. It is popping offshore and definitely slower inshore... Still getting fish but having to work for them quite a bit... Not to mention the Springbreak crowd... It is looking like Hiroshima everywhere you go... Watch your feet for squid boxes, silversides and freaking filet knives..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

-Swordfish

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”