December 20-31 bank fishing

This area is for Boatless Fishing Freshwater Help and Info.
NCNinja
Fisher

December 20-31 bank fishing

Post by NCNinja »

:ying: Hi all. I will be travelling to the Hialeah/Pembroke Pines area for Christmas and would like some specific spots and tips to catch some fish that I cannot catch here in NC. Obviously I won't have a boat, but I will have a truck. I hope to hook some peacock bass, baby tarpon, snook and a snake head. Although, clown knifefish and tilapia would be cool too. I'll have an 8 wt, a 5wt and a spinning rod (leaving the 1 pc bait casters at home). If it is taboo to mention specifics on the open forum, I understand and would be pleased to get an e-mail or PM. Please believe me that I will catch and release and I can't steal your best spot for more than a day or two since I live 700 miles away. Thank you in advance for your help. :driving:

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Re: December 20-31 bank fishing

Post by lkatze2 »

There is a good lake in the hialeah/miami lakes area that you can catch peacock bass, tilapia, mayan cichlids, largemouth bass and if your lucky tarpon and snook. The lake is connected to the saltwater via a canal and spillway, although it is far inland. look at google maps for miami lakes and highway 826. if you are interested pm me and i will give you more detailed directions. By the way, fishing the lakes and canals in this area are "urban fishing" at their finest.

NCNinja
Fisher

Re: December 20-31 bank fishing

Post by NCNinja »

BTW . . . would I sound like an idiot if I express any concerns regarding alligators and dangerous snakes? How concerned should I be?

Return to “Freshwater Help and Info”