Why would they ruin a fishing spot ?

This area is for Boatless Fishing Freshwater Help and Info.
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Why would they ruin a fishing spot ?

Post by fishnfool73 »

I can feel your horror. I would be upset if my favorite fishing spot became a red X. The lack of vegitation could be a result of spaying by Department of Water or it could happen naturally for a variety of reasons.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

fishnfool73 wrote:I can feel your horror. I would be upset if my favorite fishing spot became a red X. The lack of vegitation could be a result of spaying by Department of Water or it could happen naturally ffor a variety of reasons.
:stupid: But it could also be that the community wanted it done so people would stop fishing there. People are assholes sometimes. :mad:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Username28 wrote:
fishnfool73 wrote:I can feel your horror. I would be upset if my favorite fishing spot became a red X. The lack of vegitation could be a result of spaying by Department of Water or it could happen naturally ffor a variety of reasons.
:stupid: But it could also be that the community wanted it done so people would stop fishing there. People are assholes sometimes. :mad:
I highly doubt a community was like hey that weeds bring the fish around. I don't think they would read that far into it. Shorebound fishermen tend to be there own worst enemies. When they decide that they can use areas as their own private trash cans expect citizens of those communities to take a more aggresiv stance to protect their area whether it be calling the cops, posting no trespassing signs , or ffencng areas off.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

fishnfool73 wrote:
Username28 wrote:
I highly doubt a community was like hey that weeds bring the fish around. I don't think they would read that far into it. Shorebound fishermen tend to be there own worst enemies. When they decide that they can use areas as their own private trash cans expect citizens of those communities to take a more aggresiv stance to protect their area whether it be calling the cops, posting no trespassing signs , or ffencng areas off.
This is true also. The bridges in the keys are a good example. You can place a garbage can every 10 feet, and trash will still end up all over the floor. Very sad, but true.
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Northwoods
Fisher

Post by Northwoods »

Did you call fish and wildlife or check with any county land and water offices? It could have been approved, or it could have just been some moron with a bucket of aquacide weed killer.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed- Justice Alex Kozinski

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

I really don't think they did it to keep you away... more then likely some home owners
didn't like seeing the weeds and they remove them...
Homeowners are into appearance and pay little if any attention to fishing. My community sprays our ponds every few months for weeds. I see in Palm Beach County the canals being sprayed every once in a while too, I think they are concerned about keeping the water flowing better, they dredged behind my home a couple of years ago.

Return to “Freshwater Help and Info”