Peacocks and Freshwater tarpon

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Peacocks and Freshwater tarpon

Post by baseball4life702 »

Went out for some peacocks today but the weather was horrible. Ended up driving around looking for a dry area to fish. Found a canal in the southwest side of the 305 and fished around the bridge thinking structure might be holding. Saw nothing really swimming around though but felt a small tug on my line, the next cast I hooked up to my first freshwater tarpon, small probably 20-30lb range. He went straight toward the pilings before jumping and tossing the lure straight up and out. Was using a squarebill crankbait in blue and white colors. Pretty awesome even though I didn't land him, I will be going back tomorrow, I believe he is not alone either. Saw only a handful of peacocks back at my spot and only bites from 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Re: Peacocks and Freshwater tarpon

Post by xtremeh18 »

Nice dude! :toast: Good luck on the tarpon and take pics.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yea that's why I'm going back it's a lost cause without pictures, the thought of grabbing my phone crossed my mind when he jumped but was over too quick for that lol. Was shocked because i fish tamiami canal that should have them but I never ever hit on one, then I find this canal I have never fished and they there but I understand why they are there.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Hooked up to him again right now had him on for longer this time 3-4 jumps and a few runs till the 8lb test couldn't take it any longer and broke. Waiting for the rain to pass and and going to give it another shot if not the heavier tackle will come out tomorrow. Once again thought about whipping the phone out for a video but it's hard when your by yourself and trying to land the fish in the rain lol

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”