Bad idea IMHO

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
woodman
Fisher

Bad idea IMHO

Post by woodman »

http://myfwc.com/whatsnew/08/statewide/ ... etProp.htm

FWC proposes allowing commercial mullet harvest on weekends

April 10, 2008

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) proposed a draft rule on Thursday that would allow commercial fishers to harvest striped or black mullet on weekends. A final public hearing on this rule proposal will take place during the June 11-12 FWC meeting in Dania Beach.

The commercial harvest of mullet has been prohibited on weekends during certain months of the year since 1989 to help protect mullet when they spawn. A recent FWC stock assessment indicates that mullet populations are now healthy enough statewide to safely sustain commercial mullet harvesting on weekends.

huck
Fisher

Post by huck »

Anyone on this forum planning on attending the FWC meeting June 11-12??

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

yea I think I may, this was the first year in a long time I saw a good amount of Mullet and they are already willing to let them have at it again
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”