REGIONAL RED TIDE SUMMARIES

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
BigEarl
Seasoned Fisher

REGIONAL RED TIDE SUMMARIES

Post by BigEarl »

(November 21)
this may help some thought I should post........

East Region: Water samples collected this week detected high concentrations of Karenia brevis, the Florida red tide organism, alongshore of Volusia County near Ponce Inlet and New Smyrna Beach. Additional samples collected alongshore of St. Johns County and in the Mosquito Lagoon (Brevard County) contained K. brevis concentrations ranging from not present to very low. No samples were collected this week from Nassau, Duval or Flagler counties. Fish kills and respiratory irritation have been reported in the New Smyrna Beach area of Volusia County. Respiratory irritation was also reported near Satellite Beach (Brevard County),however no samples were received from that area.

Northwest Region: Water samples collected this week detected Karenia brevis, the Florida red tide organism, at low to medium concentrations alongshore of Okaloosa and Walton counties. Samples collected inside of Choctawhatchee Bay contained concentrations ranging from not present to background. A sample collected from the Bay County Pier (Bay County) contained no K. brevis. Multiple reports of fish kills have been received from Okaloosa and Walton counties.

Southwest Region: Water samples collected alongshore this week between Pinellas and Collier counties contained no Karenia brevis, the Florida red tide organism, with the exception of one sample collected at Englewood Beach (Charlotte County) which contained background concentrations. No samples were received this week from the Florida Keys.

The FWRI Red Tide Status Line is now available to callers to hear a recording detailing red tide conditions throughout the state. FWRI updates the recording each Friday by 5 p.m. after sampling efforts for the week have been completed and analyzed. Red Tide Status Line: (866) 300-9399 (toll-free inside Florida only); (727) 552-2448 (outside Florida).

http://research.myfwc.com/engine/downlo ... pe=article
Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing!

2010 fish
3 Pompano
12 Redfish 26 3/4 my largest
2 Blackdrum
1 Sheepie
1 flounder
4 Jacks
1 Blue

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”