Santa Rosa area beaches

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
L8RBRA
Old Salt

Santa Rosa area beaches

Post by L8RBRA »

I'm heading down to destin/santa rosa florida with the family on vacation. Staying in a rental house just off of the beach. I normally visit the keys and surf fishing is something i am fuzzy on as far as rules go.
Question is: Can I surf fish on any beach in that local area? It makes a difference on the gear I plan on bringing. Thanks in advance. Last years best keys fish pic for attention.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adam .... Fish On!

L8RBRA
Old Salt

Re: Santa Rosa area beaches

Post by L8RBRA »

Any other local info appreciated ;-)
Adam .... Fish On!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Nice cubera

L8RBRA
Old Salt

Post by L8RBRA »

So whats the deal guys... are most beaches ok to fish from?
Adam .... Fish On!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Not a clue dude. Can ya google the location? Maybe somebody will jump in. I know you're asking time and location restrictions, gear will be about casting or bottom fishing from the beach.

Casting from, 4K to 6k ish size gear, spoons, raps & ghost raps, jigs, swim baits. Go too's for me anyway.
Never been anywhere near there so really not much help.

How u been man?
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

L8RBRA
Old Salt

Post by L8RBRA »

I've been well thanks for askin. Always planning ahead for my florida trips as always. Google maps shows light beach traffic. There are piers in the area. Probably hit those a few days and beach fish at night. Legality of beach fishing is my main concern at this point.
Adam .... Fish On!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

It appears this dude is talking about here...
pic 1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”