triggerfish size limit

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
Rare
SHARKER

triggerfish size limit

Post by Rare »

Sea legs regulars are gonna have a heart attack about this one.. (tommy

Commission approves gray triggerfish size limit increase in Atlantic state waters

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) approved increasing the minimum size limit of gray triggerfish in Atlantic state waters from 12 inches fork length to 14 inches fork length at its April 15 meeting in Tallahassee. This change will make Atlantic state water regulations consistent with pending federal regulation changes and will go into effect after the federal regulations are approved.

The change will also make the minimum size limit for gray triggerfish in Atlantic state waters (from shore to 3 nautical miles) the same as it is in Gulf state waters (from shore to 9 nautical miles). This minimum size limit applies to both recreational and commercial harvest.

For more information, visit MyFWC.com/About and click on “The Commission” and “Commission Meetings.” To learn more about gray triggerfish, visit MyFWC.com/Fishing and click on “Saltwater,” “Recreational Regulations” and “Triggerfish.”

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Re: triggerfish size limit

Post by STRIZ »

:uplol:
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

powerpro26
Fisher

Post by powerpro26 »

eatpop cool..not to bad

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

I like the change and at the same time i dont. I just feel like its gonna be one thing after another when they start making changes to a species
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

who cares
i guess some of you will just have to start keeping grunts
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Do size limits even really matter... last week at J. Lloyd boat ram cleaning station there was a guy cleaning a bucket full of various snapper, trigger, and parrot fish, none bigger than 12" and no LEO in sight... it only matters if ya get caught and look legit.
If you look hungry, desparate.. the LEO seems to look the other way.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

Krash, your right, I noticed the same thing. The FWC probably figures they wont pay the ticket anyway. I guess the trick to not getting busted is to dress like a balsero.

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”