SICK AND TIRED!!

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
amberjack
Fisher

SICK AND TIRED!!

Post by amberjack »

Of illegal fisherman. Recently I have experienced a wave of illegal fisherman. They know they are supposed to throw them back, but they don't!!! In broward county and DADE, You know the "TYPE" I am talking about. While FWC officers make appearances to these fishing sites, they rarely catch offenders. What is the best and most efficient way to report these people??? How should I procede?? Please advice. Furious in Broward County.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: SICK AND TIRED!!

Post by Kingofthesea »

Invite them to the BBQ on August 3rd at John Lloyd Park. Tell them it's free and Rare is bringing a permit and GK a huge DT grouper to eat. And Clarissa's spread! Then when they show up we beat the crap out of them in the woods.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Kingofthesea wrote:Invite them to the BBQ on August 3rd at John Lloyd Park. Tell them it's free and Rare is bringing a permit and GK a huge DT grouper to eat. And Clarissa's spread! Then when they show up we beat the crap out of them in the woods.
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: On a serious note, call or text the FWC tip line. Had a buddy report someone for a 14" snook in their cooler and FWC gave him a $100 bill.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

amberjack wrote:Of illegal fisherman. You know the "TYPE" I am talking about.

1-866-DHS-2ICE

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

If it is a fishing Pier you need to report it to the Pier Attendant. If by chance it is Anglins you need only tell me if the pier attendant does nothing and I will take care of it and the pier Attendant.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Kingofthesea wrote:Invite them to the BBQ on August 3rd at John Lloyd Park. Tell them it's free and Rare is bringing a permit and GK a huge DT grouper to eat. And Clarissa's spread! Then when they show up we beat the crap out of them in the woods.
that was brilliant Richard :D

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Call FWC. If they don't do anything, you can try the police. If I'm in the Keys, I call the sheriff directly...they usually show up quickly, and don't give warnings or slaps on the wrist. FWC is very understaffed, a lot of times when you call, the closest officer could be 30 miles away. Also get as much info as you can...description of the offenders, tag numbers from their vehicles, pictures with your phone are the best if you can do it discretely.

amberjack
Fisher

Post by amberjack »

The offending locations have been the pier in North Miami, Hollywood Beach off of the surf, and Hillsboro Inlet park, right under the bridge. In the case of the pier and the inlet park, people where keeping undersized Mangrove Snappers, and In Hollywood Beach, just the other day, Pompano, they were keeping them way undersized, like at 8 inches. I will contact the FWC.

Thanks for the tips.

Peter.miami
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Peter.miami »

Richard- solutions provider :)

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”