Asian Tiger Shrimp

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
vbskimn
Fisher

Asian Tiger Shrimp

Post by vbskimn »

Been hearing a lot of fuss about these shrimp. though nobody seems to have any idea what impact they would make on the local ecology or if they would make one at all. They grow and spawn faster than our native species of shrimp (seems like everything from Asia does :scratch: ...) But not much is known of them, they are not considered "established" here yet and the scientists are trying to figure out where they are coming from. I myself am wondering if they would be better bait or not.. Might grap a sharpie and do some artwork on one of my DOA shrimp :mrgreen: , lol. But you are supposed to report any sightings to USGS or NOAA. : Image

offtrackk
Old Salt

Re: Asian Tiger Shrimp

Post by offtrackk »

Theve accually been around for some time now. But depending on location I don’t thinck that many are appearing. When I shrimped about 2 years ago, by the herald. Out of all the shrimp I caught. I probably mayb only caught 2 of these. And u know it was it since these are accually larger then regular caught shrimp. Just my .2 cents lol
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

....... Is this shrimp by any chance a N. Korean native?

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

my friend who lives on the canal that runs along I-595 in the Davie area says he has seen an unusually high number of these large asian shrimp in the canal, he says most get eaten though by the snook, tarpon, acks and bass in there.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

the bigger the shrimp the more for your tummy. :mrgreen:

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

offtrackk wrote:Theve accually been around for some time now. But depending on location I don’t thinck that many are appearing. When I shrimped about 2 years ago, by the herald. Out of all the shrimp I caught. I probably mayb only caught 2 of these. And u know it was it since these are accually larger then regular caught shrimp. Just my .2 cents lol
what??? I understood about 2 words out of that
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

rare wrote:
Username28 wrote:what??? I understood about 2 words out of that

:lol:

really ????lol

They have actually been around for some time

Use to shrimp. About 2 years ago behind the Harold building

Out of all the shrimp I caught there , mayb two where asian tiger shrimps

They are bigger then normal shrimp.

there you go
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

rare wrote:I will stick with the first one you posted....lol
youve dealt with my text long enough to know lol
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

i continue to thrife off those who laugh! and continue to learnf whence i can with proggressive!!! :patriot:
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

vbskimn
Fisher

Post by vbskimn »

Well they have been sighted for years, but only thought to be straglers that got caught in boats and whatnot like offtrackk said, only 1-2 here and there, but recently a lot more have been seen. So they are wondering if it was a just a group of them that got caught in a bad current, or if they are actually breeding here.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

What could possibly be wrong with having humongous-sized, tasty shrimp around? Those shrimp are no shrimps! :chef:

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”