Fishing

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Fishing

Post by Cookinman »

Sharkman954 wrote:But i WILL NOT BE KICKED OFF A PIER DOING WHAT I LOVE.[/b] I would like to get help on this topic

Thanks

Robbie
Robbie, I think your pier attendant may have been misinformed. I am no FWC guy but I pretty certain if you catch and release, you are fine.

Y'know, sometimes it is just easier to just say, "OK, thanks, I did not know that" and just go back to fishing for "cuda".

Knowing you are right, you will not be affected, since you are releasing the out of season fish unharmed......but just maybe some newbie that does not know snook even have a season will be discouraged from putting one in their cooler after talking to this guy.

Maybe some good may come of it.

I'd just continue on witout even mentioning it. My grandfather used to tell me, sometimes people can appear very smart and knowledgable untill they open their mouths then you know exactly just how smart or not they are.

Don't sweat this one.

jighead
Old Salt

Post by jighead »

This is where you run into a problem. You are not to remove the fish from the water to release it. Appearently they are quite fragile and in the vertical postion it's suposed to be a death sentence. I'm not 100% so check the regs. However GOOD JOB!!!

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”