Switch to full style
  [ View new posts ]

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
Post a reply

military, fishing liscense

Thu May 31, 2012 2:00 am

i am going home on leave sometime july and am wondering if i have to get a temp liscense, many times that i have been in the keys or everglades in the past i have been asked to show a fishing liscense.
thanks again boatless

Re: military, fishing liscense

Thu May 31, 2012 6:10 am

found this for ya buddie

Any Florida resident who is an active or retired member of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Armed Forces Reserve, the Florida National Guard, the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Reserve is eligible to purchase the Military Gold Sportsman's License upon submission of a current military identification card and military orders showing that you are stationed in Florida (active members) or a Florida Drivers License.

The Military Gold Sportsman's License includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits. It does not include tarpon tags or the federal duck stamp.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC) offers the license to active duty and retired military that are stationed in Florida or have lived in the state for six months and claim Florida as their primary residence. The reduced-fee annual license ($20) offers the same privileges as the traditional Gold Sportsman's License ($100).
Retired Military persons must show the Red or Blue Military ID Card (red card may not be used if more than one social security number is listed) and proof of Florida Residency.

Active military personnel that are Florida residents (show Florida Drivers License) stationed anywhere or active military personal that are stationed in Florida (must show military orders stating that you are stationed in Florida) are eligible.

The Military Gold Sportsman's Licenses are only available at tax collectors' offices.

NOTE: You do not need a hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license or a *Florida waterfowl, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery season, crossbow season, muzzle-loading season, or management area permit if you are a resident who is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, you are not stationed in this state, and you are home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.

*This exemption does not apply for the federal duck stamp or to tarpon tags.

:patriot: keep up the great work you do !

Re: military, fishing liscense

Thu May 31, 2012 8:11 pm

i guess i should have read more on the fwc website the only thing i had read was the top of the gold sportman's liscense, if only i had scrolled down and read the end note :drunk: , anyway thanks guys
and semper fi jettypark :patriot: \

Re: military, fishing liscense

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:39 am

id just go to the tax collectors office pay the 20 bucks and your good to go for a year in what ever you like to do , i just dont know if they would let you pay for more than a year on the Military Gold Sportsman's Licenses , but i would check in to getting a lifetime one if it was possible ...

Re: military, fishing liscense

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 am

only go home once in a blue moon, not stationed in fl, but by my understanding of what i read from the fwc site i should be fine
Post a reply