mercury in fish

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

mercury in fish

Post by cyril1974 »

Hey guys.. found this, thought it was cool
http://www.doh.state.fl.us/environment/ ... index.html

very interesting.. says to eat bonefish, at least once a month.. sweeeeeeet!!! LOL

Charles

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: mercury in fish

Post by crashmister »

Not as concerned about fish as I am about congress trying to restrict the EPA from regulating Mercury emmissions from coal fired power and cement plant's Charles. And once again their trying to ban EPA reg's on oil drilling both on and off shore. Which is exactly what caused the Horizon blowout. If you're gonna eat fish, eat the smaller ones. The bigger or older the fish, the higher the Mercury content.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

I totally agree Pat.. these people have gone too far.. both sides of the aisle (who are one party if you ask me.. lol)

I just thought it was funny that it recommended eating bonefish... hahahaha

Charles

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Sometimes it hurts how I realize that everyone sees how full of poop politics are and yet we sit idlily by. Want always this way...

-swordfish

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

i think its a bad joke :jocolor: why get rid of the epa

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Sorry about hijacking your thread Charles. Just aggrevating when our elected nut sac's ignore hard science for money. That and I actually remember when the Cuyahoga river and part of lake Erie caught fire. I also remember when lake Erie was dead. Then came the EPA and the clean air and water act under Nixon. 10 years later lake Erie is the best walleye lake around. They want to end those protection's at our expense. http://www.cleveland.com/science/index. ... ars_a.html
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”