The End is Near

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
bolo
USER BANNED

The End is Near

Post by bolo »

Well yesterday NOAA extended the fishing zone closure to the Dry Tortugas. By next week or so the oil will come thru the Keys and up the east coast. All the fishing and marine life we love so much will be destroy. :(
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Re: The End is Near

Post by james380 »

In other words if you're going to fish do it this weekend.

Also guys give some serious thought to putting in as many volunteer hours as you can. Our beaches and waters are going to need it.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

It wouldn't be a bad idea and change the bridge clean up to beach oil clean up in the Keys. However, if we do decide to get a group effort i want us to be sure we are protect and not have any health issues for doing this.

james380

Post by james380 »

Here's the story. It gives a map of the closure area.
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories201 ... osure.html

37% of the Gulf is now closed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Charlton Heston

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

Im effin speachless... james let me know who you do the volunteer work with please
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

james380

Post by james380 »

Damnit I thought I removed that pic.. Oh well.

Warren once I get some definites i'll share the info.
- Charlton Heston

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

FFF is going to get slammed with requests for deposit refunds.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

bart
Fisher

Post by bart »

I am so sorry for all of you who are affected by this horrible tragedy. I love the Keys and can't imagine not being able to visit there. What a horrible disaster. I pray that the ecosystem will rebound and that those of you who live off of the water can return to your livelihood. I plan on coming down later this summer to help in any way I can.
"Moisture is the essence of wetness. Wetness is the essence of Beauty"

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

rebel33i wrote:I am sick to my stomach bout to be a whole bunch of gear for sale.................. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Over just the last 6-8 months I've spent thousands on new and used gear (being new to the saltwater fishing thing) for Tortuga trips, etc. I only hope I will be able to use it again someday. :cry:

After seeing tha NOAA announcement this morning I cancelled my August and November 'tugas trips. The gal there did not sound happy at all.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

wont this mainly affect waters way offshore? im sure it will eventually hit inshore waters, but im guessing that will take a while. the dry tortugas are pretty far out there.

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

Miami_Chris wrote:wont this mainly affect waters way offshore? im sure it will eventually hit inshore waters, but im guessing that will take a while. the dry tortugas are pretty far out there.
But that's where I like to fish. In the one year since I started saltwater fishing I've been on 3 FFF trips and lookimg at setting up a Yuri trip. Up until a couple hours ago I had two more FFF trips planned for this year.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

So when is Jesus coming? Might as well be now.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Rijkaard wrote:I'm booked for august right now, I'm not cancelling and I won't do it unless FFF itself won't cancel the trip, don't want to hurt their business even more than they already had, if they go out I will fish one time more with them
:stupid:

Several of us are booked for next weekend, and if they are still going out we are going.

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
Rijkaard wrote:I'm booked for august right now, I'm not cancelling and I won't do it unless FFF itself won't cancel the trip, don't want to hurt their business even more than they already had, if they go out I will fish one time more with them
:stupid:

Several of us are booked for next weekend, and if they are still going out we are going.
Next week is one thing but by mid August or November it will be worse and if it's not, I bet I could have my pick of spots and make the reservations at that time.

I want my money back before they go bankrupt and have no legal obligation to pay me back.

I know this sounds cynical and I agree, but it's strictly business. I'm not in the habit of giving away money to someone just because they are good guys.
Last edited by mmcauliffe on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

NOAA just reopened all areas around the Tortugas for fishing.

http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/deepwater_hor ... _spill.htm

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”