I would say this is an Environmental issue

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

I would say this is an Environmental issue

Post by crashmister »

Is there anyone who didn't see this one coming?
http://www.comcast.net/news/articles/ge ... Oil.Spill/
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: I would say this is an Environmental issue

Post by crashmister »

I'm familiar with the tube. It was called a well cath which is short for catheter. The idea is insert the tube and inflate a seal or multiple seals around the sides. Don't know why they didn't try this weeks ago. Never actually saw one. But the design has been around for a very long time. 30 years I know of. The plumes are a huge problem because they have no clue where they will end up. Add the oxygen depletion at depth and I can see entire schools of fish being wiped out.

jigz2010
Fisher

Post by jigz2010 »

Unfortunately, I can't see the article on the link you posted. I don't know what environmental issue was concerned in there. :roll: :?: :idea:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

The article has been removed from that DB. I posted so much on that subject I can't remember the exact content of that post. Here is a time line I did after a couple of months of research. Should cover it.
http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... r+blow+out

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”