fwc can kiss my butt

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

fwc can kiss my butt

Post by cantseeme47 »

so me and my uncle decide to hit the everglades for bass so i got to get my freshwater license..i go to jets outdoor and they are closing and dont sell them anymore sooooo i wait like 2hrs for b&f marine to open to get a license they finally open i they swipe my florida i.d and nada they say i need proof of residency??? or a driver license wtffffffff :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: i try an do my part by going the legal way and doing things right and the system doesn't wanna let me... can someone please tell me where i can get a freshwater license with a Florida i.d? cuz apparently b&f marine, online, and over the phone they need a driver license
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: fwc can kiss my butt

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

They should have you in the system for having a saltwater license...

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:They should have you in the system for having a saltwater license...
nope..
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

From the FWC website:

Step One: You will be asked to indicate whether or not you are a Florida resident and provide your identification. This will let us know which Florida licenses are available for you to purchase. You will be asked to provide current information about yourself (name, address, birth date, etc.) NOTE: If you wish to purchase a license as a Florida resident you must have a valid Florida Drivers License or must provide a valid Customer ID Number. Customer ID numbers may be obtained by purchasing a license from your local county tax collector office.

It sounds like if you don't have a drivers license, you need to get the license from the county tax collector. Here is the address of the tax collector in Dade County:
Main Office
140 W. Flagler Street, #102
Miami, FL 33130
See Map 305-375-5678
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I seriously doubt FWC will kiss your butt. :roll:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

rob762 wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:From the FWC website:

Step One: You will be asked to indicate whether or not you are a Florida resident and provide your identification. This will let us know which Florida licenses are available for you to purchase. You will be asked to provide current information about yourself (name, address, birth date, etc.) NOTE: If you wish to purchase a license as a Florida resident you must have a valid Florida Drivers License or must provide a valid Customer ID Number. Customer ID numbers may be obtained by purchasing a license from your local county tax collector office.

It sounds like if you don't have a drivers license, you need to get the license from the county tax collector. Here is the address of the tax collector in Dade County:
Main Office
Miami, FL 33130
See Map 305-375-5678
Monday - Friday
Asks for an SSN as an alternative....

im not gonna go all the way to casa pinga to get it and for ssn that doesn't work either.. its not my fault that fwc sucks at what they do

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

rob762 wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:From the FWC website:

Main Office
Miami, FL 33130
See Map 305-375-5678
Monday - Friday
Asks for an SSN as an alternative....
But if he's never had a FL drivers license, then the SS# won't be able to identify him as a Florida resident. Anyone can get a Florida ID card, you don't have to be a resident. I got one when I first moved down here years ago and didn't need to show any proof of residency to get one.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Question, how were you able to get a saltwater license in the past?

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

im not gonna go all the way to casa pinga to get it and for ssn that doesn't work either.. its not my fault that fwc sucks at what they do[/quote]
Hate to confuse you with facts but FWC isn't in charge of licenses . Funny I got mine by calling in and giving them my DL number . Took about 15 minutes to do it on the way to the boat. It is tough to find anywhere that does it in person anymore since the business gets no direct revenue from the licensing service.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

rob762 wrote:OK, if SSN isn't working you have 4 alternatives

Some walmart's sell them
Sports Authority
Bass Pro shops
your local tax collection site. (call a tag agency)

In the mean time, ease up on FWC.

they wont ease up on me

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

will try

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”