Interpretation of rules

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Re: Interpretation of rules

Post by cybereagle »

Well just think about it if a FWC officer comes by and ask you to pick up your line and you have a legal size fish, and you are using it as bait. He is not going to care, he will consider this fish as a part of your KEPT.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Yes, it definitely counts toward your limit.

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

:cheers:

sprtsracer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sprtsracer »

Yes...as stated...it is part of your limit. Here's an even stranger question. What if you are using a whole 14" Blue for shark bait? While fishing, you get a strike, loose the shark, and pull in just the head. FWC is there and sees the head...UNDERSIZED! No way to prove it was a legally kept Blue. Makes me wonder about using just the head as bait also.
No matter where you go, there you are!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

With the head or cut pieces of a regulated species you just hope the FWC officer has some common sense.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

True. Keep in mind that alot of regulations are left to the common sense of the officer. Hopefully you get a good one and he is ok with it. I don't know how many times I've seen people fishing with fish that are undersize and they just dont care. :x

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

sprtsracer wrote:Yes...as stated...it is part of your limit. Here's an even stranger question. What if you are using a whole 14" Blue for shark bait? While fishing, you get a strike, loose the shark, and pull in just the head. FWC is there and sees the head...UNDERSIZED! No way to prove it was a legally kept Blue. Makes me wonder about using just the head as bait also.
FWC should ticket you for losing that shark. Stinger hook mister. :D
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

sprtsracer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sprtsracer »

bolo wrote:
sprtsracer wrote:Yes...as stated...it is part of your limit. Here's an even stranger question. What if you are using a whole 14" Blue for shark bait? While fishing, you get a strike, loose the shark, and pull in just the head. FWC is there and sees the head...UNDERSIZED! No way to prove it was a legally kept Blue. Makes me wonder about using just the head as bait also.
FWC should ticket you for losing that shark. Stinger hook mister. :D
Trust me, I ALWAYS have a stinger hook or some sort of "double hook" rig, even when I'm fishing for blues with mullet! :happyfisherman:
No matter where you go, there you are!

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”