Targeting Bonita

Post anything relating to Kayak Fishing, if you have ideas on other topic areas lets hear'em
paddleout
Fisher

Targeting Bonita

Post by paddleout »

I want to try and catch some bonita out of my kayak to use for shark bait, roughly how far out should i go for them and what's a good lure selection?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Targeting Bonita

Post by fixed80 »

you have to say where your from first.

paddleout
Fisher

Post by paddleout »

Right, sorry
Palm Beach area

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

125 to 150 feet is stupid thick with them.... 100 gram pink and white slim thin type will work. drop to bottom jig fast 3 or 4 quick pumps and you should be on....no problem.
Rick

paddleout
Fisher

Post by paddleout »

Xpierrat wrote:125 to 150 feet is stupid thick with them.... 100 gram pink and white slim thin type will work. drop to bottom jig fast 3 or 4 quick pumps and you should be on....no problem.
Sweet, thanks for the heads up
about how far of a paddle is that?

team fin addicts
Old Salt

Post by team fin addicts »

It depends on where you launch from. My suggestion would be to go to NOAA's website get a topographical map or chart, then decipher your launch point and that will give you a real good idea of how far to paddle out. I dont know of anyone on here that will be able to tell you to paddle east 45 strokes then east/southeast 2 strokes and you will be in the :reeling:

eatpop eatpop
Wayne Slusser

Everyone deserves a Finaddicts Custom Rod:
http://www.finaddictsrods.com/

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

paddleout wrote:Sweet, thanks for the heads up
you dont live to far from Juno Pier, why dont you target them from there. but if you still want to use a kayak just troll some x rap diving plugs outside of the buoys near the pier. i say around a few hundred yards off the beach is all that is needed.

paddleout
Fisher

Post by paddleout »

fixed80 wrote: you dont live to far from Juno Pier, why dont you target them from there. but if you still want to use a kayak just troll some x rap diving plugs outside of the buoys near the pier. i say around a few hundred yards off the beach is all that is needed.
Never been much of a pier guy, how much is it to get on the pier, and how do you haul your fish all the way up there over the rail?

Return to “Yak-Addict-Info and how tos”