Help! Looking to pick up a used kayak with a leak...

Post anything relating to Kayak Fishing, if you have ideas on other topic areas lets hear'em
CrstyCptSWitherspoon
Seasoned Fisher

Help! Looking to pick up a used kayak with a leak...

Post by CrstyCptSWitherspoon »

Found a very good deal on a mirage drive kayak that the owner said "has a leak that fills the hull with 1 gallon over the course of about 4 hours". He also said he doesn't know where the leak is coming from, but it's been that way for the past 4 years as he's used it for diving. Any advice on picking this one up? If it's only a gallon over the course of 4 hours it doesn't sound like that big of a deal? Also I figured I could attempt to pin point the leak and patch it/fix it. Timely advice would be greatly appreciated!

CrstyCptSWitherspoon
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Help! Looking to pick up a used kayak with a leak...

Nm, kayak didn't come with the pedals :( Seems they run near $500 by themselves so it wasn't such a good deal after all. So close yet so far...

upant
Fisher

Post by upant »

Southriver outfitters located at Halpatiokee Regional Park off of State Road 76 (1/4 mile east of I-95exit 101) in Stuart is advertising their 2011 Fleet Sale: Saturday, July 23

I have rented from them in the past but I am not affiliated with them and I do not know what their current fleet consist of but it may be worth a call if you are looking for a used yak.

anybody buy from them in the past? any deals?

CrstyCptSWitherspoon
Seasoned Fisher

Damn, wonder if there's anything cheap. Sadly my budget is like $550 at the moment and I really want a mirage yak. Might have to save up for a while. There's one on CL for $1250, and another for $1500.

Return to “Yak-Addict-Info and how tos”