Rules for Sellers, Buyers, Traders ???????

Buying and Selling Fishing Gear and whatever else one may want to sell or get there hands on.

NOTICE TO ALL this is to protect our members:
Sellers must have at least 50 posts before you can sell anything here in this area, unless you contact forum admin and explain circumstances.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Rules for Sellers, Buyers, Traders ???????

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Bolo
Suggested this else where:
I believe members should have more then 50 contributing post before they can sell anything. Second price must given when selling any items. Posting a picture is a plus too. A feedback section in the for sale section would be great. Anyone violates these rules admins and mods will remove the buyer's post.

So lets figure this out, I will post the main rules if I can in the description of this forum.

We Need some guidelines, thanks in Advance
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Rules for Sellers, Buyers, Traders ???????

Post by fishnfool73 »

I agree with 50 posts before they can sell. I disagree with price must be given. Why is that important in any sense ? What is wrong with make me an offer ?
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

fishnfool73 wrote:I agree with 50 posts before they can sell. I disagree with price must be given. Why is that important in any sense ? What is wrong with make me an offer ?
Because the make me an offer always turns into a comedic bidding war...

The price should be set as the seller should have an idea what to get for his or her item.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

CubanExpress wrote:
fishnfool73 wrote:I agree with 50 posts before they can sell. I disagree with price must be given. Why is that important in any sense ? What is wrong with make me an offer ?
Because the make me an offer always turns into a comedic bidding war...

The price should be set as the seller should have an idea what to get for his or her item.
True but the comedic bidding war is great comedy.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

CubanExpress

Post by CubanExpress »

great comedy is great. I disagree with price must be given!

Nothing To See Here Folks. Just Move Along…

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

If your not interested in the item or disagree with the price or quality please refrain from posting. It's a pain going threw numerous posts when trying to buy something. If you have a issue with the price or other things please bring it to private messages
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

If you want to bid on a price then do it on eBay. The for sale section is not an auction. Price must be listed so all buyers know up front the price. Must eliminate any chance of fraud or preventing seller changing price on the buyer ripping them off.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

CubanExpress

Post by CubanExpress »

Have you never bidded on items in the Buy and Sell or Trade area? Oh I see do as I say not as I do.

This thread should be in the political/heated section...

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) $10.00... or will you take a South Bend for it?

BoatlessFisherman

50 posts by seller or trader is now a RULE.

So you must have made 50 posts to sell or trade anything here at BF Forum.

If you post and you do not, your post will be deleted "Poof"

If caught using a second or third User name to sell stuff, we will deactivate all accounts related to you. ALL Accounts
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

BoatlessFisherman

All can help to police it.
We know when someone is up to no good.

I now look at this area and have to say I never ever thought we would have such a turnover in this section with the amount of stuff being sold and traded. BF EbaY

Anyway we do need to tighten up this area.

Anyone else with suggestions on rules for Sellers and Traders please post
-Tommy A-

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:50 posts by seller or trader is now a RULE.

So you must have made 50 posts to sell or trade anything here at BF Forum.

If you post and you do not, your post will be deleted "Poof"

If caught using a second or third User name to sell stuff, we will deactivate all accounts related to you. ALL Accounts
Nice thinkin Tommy! Ive seen these rules on other forums too and also, they say you have to be a forum member for at least a week before posting in the buy/sell/trade.

BoatlessFisherman

Yea I am for that a user must be a member for at least a Month, how say ye.

Also members can invite a seller from another forum that they participate at to sell something here with out posts or 1 month membership, But it must be cleared by Admin first and the member must set this in motion with the Admin, I will label that posters post as such so all are aware, these sellers will carry there reputations from those sites so all should be good..

This has happened in the past where someone is selling some great stuff on another forum and that person is told to come here to sell there fine products and it was gold, I got a very nice Accurate Jig this way and I am sure glad they stopped by. So this can still happen that is what the above rule is for.
-Tommy A-

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

IMO I would like seeing a price followed by OBO or FIRM so you have an idea of what the seller is hoping to get for it.

I also think they should include a photo or two, it just helps sell the item.

But, that said, I don't see why either should be mandatory.

I do like the idea of 50 posts (real posts, not 50 LOL's and fist bumps) prior to posting items for sale.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

:stupid:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Yea I am for that a user must be a member for at least a Month, how say ye.

Also members can invite a seller from another forum that they participate at to sell something here with out posts or 1 month membership, But it must be cleared by Admin first and the member must set this in motion with the Admin, I will label that posters post as such so all are aware, these sellers will carry there reputations from those sites so all should be good..

This has happened in the past where someone is selling some great stuff on another forum and that person is told to come here to sell there fine products and it was gold, I got a very nice Accurate Jig this way and I am sure glad they stopped by. So this can still happen that is what the above rule is for.
Being here for a month does not give you the rights to sell. How many registered member on BF that has not made more then 5 useful post? A crap load for sure. This 50 useful post rule is important. I also feel inviting other people to allow them to sell on our site that has not contribute over 50 post is not good. You basically void rule #1. What is the point of having rules if the admin don't abide by them. These rules are here to protect our members from being riped off from floating sellers.

CubanExpress

Post by CubanExpress »

bolo wrote:Being here for a month does not give you the rights to sell. How many registered member on BF that has not made more then 5 useful post? A crap load for sure. This 50 useful post rule is important. I also feel inviting other people to allow them to sell on our site that has not contribute over 50 post is not good. You basically void rule #1. What is the point of having rules if the admin don't abide by them. These rules are here to protect our members from being riped off from floating sellers.
:| OK what difference does it make if someone has 50 or 500 useful post.

A scammers motive is to build up trust and then pull a rip off....

CubanExpress

Post by CubanExpress »

rare wrote:You are right, but 50 contributing post might have a few scammers leave if they have to work for it.
Either way....A scammer, can scam reguardless. It's a false sense of security to think just because someone has over 50 contributing post that they are safe to do business with. Good judgement should be used in any internet transaction.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

CubanExpress wrote:
bolo wrote:Being here for a month does not give you the rights to sell. How many registered member on BF that has not made more then 5 useful post? A crap load for sure. This 50 useful post rule is important. I also feel inviting other people to allow them to sell on our site that has not contribute over 50 post is not good. You basically void rule #1. What is the point of having rules if the admin don't abide by them. These rules are here to protect our members from being riped off from floating sellers.
:| OK what difference does it make if someone has 50 or 500 useful post.

A scammers motive is to build up trust and then pull a rip off....
I like for the scammers to work hard for their money. 8)

CubanExpress

Post by CubanExpress »

bolo wrote:I like for the scammers to work hard for their money. 8)
james380 is a scammer...

she works hard for the money.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/09ZSKE38lTU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/09ZSKE38lTU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Cerberus
Fisher

Post by Cerberus »

CubanExpress wrote:
rare wrote:You are right, but 50 contributing post might have a few scammers leave if they have to work for it.
Either way....A scammer, can scam reguardless. It's a false sense of security to think just because someone has over 50 contributing post that they are safe to do business with. Good judgement should be used in any internet transaction.
Agreed. I have been a contributing member of this board since August 2007 but cannot post in BST cause I only had 37 posts.

I have picked ui a lot of great info and hopefully contributed some, but just cause I don't spend my life posting doesn't mean I'm a scammer, and 5000 posts doesn't mean someone isn't.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

A little over 1 post a month for the 36 months you have been a member is hardly living on the site. :lol: A few bs good catch replies would have put you over the top. The 50 post rules wasn't made to prevent scammers. It was created to prevent the flood of people we had doing nothing more than using the site as a place to sell items off. The site makes nothing off this section.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

THE BEST, BAR NONE, trading / selling feature is used on both Ebay and 360. It is a feature that allows buyers and sellers to rate and leave feedback. Its invaluable to a buyer to know the experiences of a buyer that came before him. THAT would be huge IMHO. just my .02

For example - There's a guy I buy jigs from. He doesnt fish he retails- so he has nothing to say other than " I have a great deal on jigs " - and they ARE. So should that guy not be allowed to sell? Just throwin that out there....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

FisherDan
Fisher

Post by FisherDan »

First of all 50 useful posts is not fair i read posts and dont have time to post plus i have a real life. Second the price should be posted so it doesnt change depending on whos buying. You guys know almost all of us anyway if you dont then dont buy from them/us. Someone might have good stuff you need at a good price. Just kickin it out t :wink: here.
Shut up and fish !!!

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

FisherDan wrote:First of all 50 useful posts is not fair i read posts and dont have time to post plus i have a real life. Second the price should be posted so it doesnt change depending on whos buying. You guys know almost all of us anyway if you dont then dont buy from them/us. Someone might have good stuff you need at a good price. Just kickin it out t :wink: here.
You have been a member here for over 5 years and have 10 posts. Its not like it would have required much of an effort on your part to have reached 50 posts if you contributed anything at all to the site during thosee 5 years. You read posts but don't have the 30 seconds or so to respond to them ? We all have real lives but we take the time to try to help others on the site vs just poaching the information and never giving anything in return. Your last post was almost 5 years ago and it was to sell something so I imagine you want to try to sell something again. :roll:

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

fishnfool73 wrote:
FisherDan wrote:First of all 50 useful posts is not fair i read posts and dont have time to post plus i have a real life. Second the price should be posted so it doesnt change depending on whos buying. You guys know almost all of us anyway if you dont then dont buy from them/us. Someone might have good stuff you need at a good price. Just kickin it out t :wink: here.
You have been a member here for over 5 years and have 10 posts. Its not like it would have required much of an effort on your part to have reached 50 posts if you contributed anything at all to the site during thosee 5 years. You read posts but don't have the 30 seconds or so to respond to them ? We all have real lives but we take the time to try to help others on the site vs just poaching the information and never giving anything in return. Your last post was almost 5 years ago and it was to sell something so I imagine you want to try to sell something again. :roll:
:stupid: And the hammer has been thrown! :stupid:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Cookinman wrote:THE BEST, BAR NONE, trading / selling feature is used on both Ebay and 360. It is a feature that allows buyers and sellers to rate and leave feedback. Its invaluable to a buyer to know the experiences of a buyer that came before him. THAT would be huge IMHO. just my .02

For example - There's a guy I buy jigs from. He doesnt fish he retails- so he has nothing to say other than " I have a great deal on jigs " - and they ARE. So should that guy not be allowed to sell? Just throwin that out there....
I agree somewhat, but I also know that I have bought some things on ebay from people with 0 or very low ratings, and have been satisfied. People have to start somehow.
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Return to “Buy and Sell or Trade”