June 3rd, 2012

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
tofer
Fisher

June 3rd, 2012

Post by tofer »

Well as promised, a report from Gulf Shores. Things have been hot over here both fishing and the temperature. Kings have slowed down some but when a good front comes through or a good breeze and the kings turn on. Lots of massive schools of bullreds running through, usually in the afternoon. Bait around the pier is still ridiculous, LY's are everywhere and the heat has been killing some but there so thick it really doesn't matter much. I fished from probably noon til dark and got out of there. The crowds have been thick and there was a long wait at the cleaning tables. Kept one red, released three at the pier, netted 5-6 more for other people, and snaked one king out of the big school of reds. It was a fun day to be fishing. There were also some jacks cruising through and as always the toothy critters. Its been a little rough out with 3-5ft swells these last few days and that has slowed things down until the water clears a little more but a nice little 30# cobia was caught today and a few more kings.

Here's a few pics:
Tavo King
Redfish Blitz
My catch of the day..
And a few more pics over the last little while..

I'll try to post a report every once in a while but feel free to cruise on over and check out the gulf shores pier forum, we usually have a report most days.

migs24
Old Salt

Re: June 3rd, 2012

Post by migs24 »

Nice catches! :toast:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

that pier its gold.

Cannible
Weekend Warrior

Post by Cannible »

Whats the name and where is this pier?

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Cannible wrote:Whats the name and where is this pier?
tofer is from Gulf shores Alabama, the pier is Gulf state pier, Alabama
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”