Gulf Shores State Pier Report May 2012

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
tofer
Fisher

Gulf Shores State Pier Report May 2012

Post by tofer »

Great forum, glad to be a part of it and get some good reports and info for the south florida piers. Fish the panhandle waters and call the gulf state pier in Gulf Shores Alabama home. Water has been awesome the last couple of weeks but is roughed up at the moment due to a squall moving through. Kings have been hot for the past few weeks off and on depending on conditions but some days we have been catching in the hundreds. They were bigger a few weeks ago ranging from 15-40#s but we have been getting a lot of schoolies and even some undersized this last week. Cobia run is about over but still occasional one is seen. Tarpon are starting to show up and a few have been caught and brought to the pier. Still some pompano around and a good number of flounder are starting to show but a lot are pretty small barely legal. Anyways thought I'd share a report and introduce myself. Looks like I may be headed for the Boca area someday soon so look forward to trying some different fishing. I'll post some pics for ya'll soon. Tight Lines!
Chris

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Re: Gulf Shores State Pier Report May 2012

Post by Miamipescador »

tofer wrote:Great forum, glad to be a part of it and get some good reports and info for the south florida piers. Fish the panhandle waters and call the gulf state pier in Gulf Shores Alabama home. Water has been awesome the last couple of weeks but is roughed up at the moment due to a squall moving through. Kings have been hot for the past few weeks off and on depending on conditions but some days we have been catching in the hundreds. They were bigger a few weeks ago ranging from 15-40#s but we have been getting a lot of schoolies and even some undersized this last week. Cobia run is about over but still occasional one is seen. Tarpon are starting to show up and a few have been caught and brought to the pier. Still some pompano around and a good number of flounder are starting to show but a lot are pretty small barely legal. Anyways thought I'd share a report and introduce myself. Looks like I may be headed for the Boca area someday soon so look forward to trying some different fishing. I'll post some pics for ya'll soon. Tight Lines!
Chris
Welcome to the forum, neat fishery you guys have up there

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Welcome Chris :toast: I was on Obie's site and on PPF now. One of these day's I gotta get up there and meet some of you folks. GSP and OIP are 2 on my bucket list. look forward to your reports.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

ked_man
Fisher

Post by ked_man »

When did they rebuild the State Pier, Ive had some good days out there man.

You ever met Charlie, or Shorty out there? Those two guys taught me how to fish for kings.

tofer
Fisher

Post by tofer »

ked_man wrote:When did they rebuild the State Pier, Ive had some good days out there man.

You ever met Charlie, or Shorty out there? Those two guys taught me how to fish for kings.
They rebuilt and reopened a couple of years ago, its an incredible pier. Charlie and Shorty are still fishing out there. :mrgreen: :toast: Thanks for the welcome guys, a lot of cool info on here. Look forward to headed down to south florida someday soon.

ked_man
Fisher

Post by ked_man »

thats awesome man, now I wished I would have planned vacation to gulf shores again and not going to Anna Maria Island.

ironman172
Fisher

Post by ironman172 »

Hey Chris, I just found this site too....and Gulf Shores is my go to pier, where I learn 20+ years ago....and still learning every trip to the gulf coast.....been part of there record setting king day one spring....190+ kings for the day plus many other fish decked too(bull reds,big spanish,big jacks)....never been so sore fishing(catching) before on a pier....between catching, netting and gaffing..... what a memory

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”