Mexico Beach report July--26--Aug--1..2010

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
salvadorsanchez
Old Salt

Mexico Beach report July--26--Aug--1..2010

Post by salvadorsanchez »

Got back from Mexico Beach (30 miles east of Panama City) this week ..

Surf fishing was a bit off from most years as far as catching Whiting, which I target and usually rack up. Caught alot of croaker, a FEW Whiting but mainly pin fish was 75% of what I caught. Every cast using fresh shrimp. Tossed a few spoons and gotchas but I was just blind casting with that. If I could have moved around the beach more I could have found a pocket of Whiting but had to keep an eye on 2 five year olds and my wife on the beach with our 9 week old.

Moved to the newly extended pier two blocks away and caught a few gaftails, hard heads, 3 spanish macks( off gotcha) 2 bluefish, one off shrimp, the other off a gotcha, 2 black tips, 2 and 3 feet(my new jigmaster reeled those in no problem!! :lol: and 2 sandbar sharks. Kept the bluefish, macks and 1 of the blacktips. My two 5 year olds almost cried when we let the other sharks go but they'll learn. They both got to reel in a shark which is major bragging rights in kindergarten. Sharks were caught off cut pinfish. Saw a guy catch a 70 plus pound Tarpon and a few reports of people catching alot of pomps at crooked Island and PCB.

Plenty of sharks 2-3 foot range being caught off the pier.

Jay
"I had to punch him, he was starting to make sense"

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Mexico Beach report July--26--Aug--1..2010

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Thanks for the report

Permit53
Old Salt

Post by Permit53 »

nice report... and I am sure your boys are hooked for life.
Fish like its the last cast you will ever make.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Awesome report Jay. Your kids are hooked on fishing for sure. Glad you taught them about catch and release. :thumright:
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”