Mexico City Beach

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
bubbafishin
Weekend Warrior

Mexico City Beach

Post by bubbafishin »

I went to a friend's beach house with one broken rod with some 8 lb line, two silver spoons, and a pair of pliers so rusty you can barely open them; my good fishing gear is all south back home. I got there at sun set and waded out and hooked up to a spanish mack and within minutes and then another one on the next cast, then a bluefish. Had the macks the next day on the grill. Next day i didn't get anything except cut off, and bought some more spoons at a gas station, saw some regulars surf fishing and getting some blues on pinfish, my friend got two flounder and a silver fish with yellow fins that stabbed me wih a spine that turned out to have some kind of poison because my hand was on fire. Then this morning got another bluefish and got cutoff by one and hooked a huge ladyfish that broke me off after a short aerial display, those things jump like tarpon. All in all a good trip for the minimal gear I had, got some good grilled mackeral and the community was really nice and out of the way.

XiBowhunter
Fisher

Re: Mexico City Beach

Post by XiBowhunter »

Sounds like an awesome trip :fish: :reeling:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

bubbafishin wrote:I went to a friend's beach house with one broken rod with some 8 lb line, two silver spoons, and a pair of pliers so rusty you can barely open them; my good fishing gear is all south back home. I got there at sun set and waded out and hooked up to a spanish mack and within minutes and then another one on the next cast, then a bluefish. Had the macks the next day on the grill. Next day i didn't get anything except cut off, and bought some more spoons at a gas station, saw some regulars surf fishing and getting some blues on pinfish, my friend got two flounder and a silver fish with yellow fins that stabbed me wih a spine that turned out to have some kind of poison because my hand was on fire. Then this morning got another bluefish and got cutoff by one and hooked a huge ladyfish that broke me off after a short aerial display, those things jump like tarpon. All in all a good trip for the minimal gear I had, got some good grilled mackeral and the community was really nice and out of the way.
Sounds like u caught a leather jacket. Some people say they are good bait. Some not. All I know is I have never caught anything on them. Supposedly the fish know about the poison and leave them alone. They look like they would be a good bait and are durable.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Went out to crooked island sound at the east beach access of tyndall afb saturday morning. Brought live shrimp , fiddler crabs and some frozen squid we caught last month.
I got the fist rig out and while we were rigging the rest. The first one goes off and I reel in a 14 inch pomp. I put it back out and start rigging again.
I get my second pole rigged and after casting it out and putting it in the holder I turn around to catch my nephew reeling in my first pole with a nice pomp on it. Other than that we caught a dozen whiting, two oversized redfish that wer released , two rays and of course some catfish.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”