south skyway pier

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
screamendrag
Seasoned Fisher

south skyway pier

Post by screamendrag »

Im gunna take a trip over there soon hopefully, just wanna know when the best times to go are both tidal and times of year. I figure its better on the incoming and outgoing because its in the mouth of an inlet....also, gunna double rod trolly for kings with gogs or runners and fish a couple bottom rods......never fished a gulf pier, but ive fished the gulf and i figure i should be ok wit this game plan......lemme know what you guys think

thanks,
Jeff

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: south skyway pier

Post by fishnfool73 »

Most of the kingfish there come off the very end of the piers. They generally either free line or cast out dead baits and twitch them back in. Never seen a trolley rig used over there the current is generally pretty face. It may work just never seen it done.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

there's to tides on the gulf coast. both tides lasting approximately 12hr long. if you go soon, bring lots of rods, reels, and bait(or catch the bait there). from what I've heard, people catch grouper along the pier as well as the Goliath's too. mackerel, Bonita, and snapper can be caught there also. remember one thing, if you plan this trip in June, bad storms can come up on you fast. so probably bring some rain gear with you.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

No real need for rain gear you car is right behind you. If you own a van you can fish and sleep on the Skyway for a few days.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

screamendrag
Seasoned Fisher

Post by screamendrag »

but is it a waste if im goin to target kings within the next week or so?

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

The kings have been around there...

monoxide
Fisher

Post by monoxide »

im going to skyway soon has there been any thing going on up there?

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”