Sanibel

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
Perichois
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Perichois »

Sorry it took me so long been trying to find some info for u I've never fished sanibel so I dont know what they've been catching heres what I found :

March 2006
You couldn't ask for better weather here in Southwest Florida lately but you could ask for better fishing. Catching has been tough as of late and is soon to improve if this warm weather holds on. Sheepshead have been on the bite at the pier and anywhere else where you have access to structure on which barnacles grow. The best baits for these toothy brutes are fiddler crabs. However, fiddlers can be hard to find. Small blue or pass crabs will also work, as will shrimp and sand fleas. Be quick with your hook set 'cause these critters are fast. They are well worth the effort it takes to clean them.

There have been a few pompano caught in different areas ranging from Lighthouse Pointe to Bowman's Beach and in the back country as well. Pompano jigs with a plastic sand flea trailer seem to be one of the best ways to catch these delicious fish. Carolina Lures has these jigs with sand flea trailers pre-made, or you can make them yourself. Keep a sharp eye out when cruising the back country. If you notice a muddy area on a flat, there may be pompano causing it.

There have been a few trout caught off the causeway. It has been some time since we've seen any trout around the causeway islands. From the fresh water releases coming down the Caloosahatchee River from Lake Okeechobee and all the bridge construction, trout fishing and fishing in general has been tough.

Snook fishing has been best at night. DOA shrimp with rattles have been awesome lures if you've been having trouble finding live bait.
Tight Lines,Perichois

Perichois
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Perichois »

Tight Lines,Perichois

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”