Green Tide, Red Tide, SW Florida

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Green Tide, Red Tide, SW Florida

Post by CELLFISH »

da News is showing some horrible pictures of the west coast toxic tides. its not natural but blaming the agricultural run off from the Okeechobee Lake, not nice, cellfish... :salut:
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Green Tide, Red Tide, SW Florida

Post by krash »

It is kind a natural occuring thing that has been happening for longer than I have been in this state and I was born in '49 and lived here all my life, except 4 years 69-73 when uncle sam put me up....

Its just this one is worse than most, worst in 10 years, and has been brewing for over 9 months. The crap happening as a result of the Lake 'O discharging is ugly and caused the blue/green algae issues along with brown polluted water flowing out the Caloosa is mixing with the red tide.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”