Fort Myers Beach/Sanibel Island Report

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Fort Myers Beach/Sanibel Island Report

Post by Chevy Juan »

Was out on the West Coast with my girls at our usual spot and did a little fishing. Nothing crazy just tossed jigs and lures for the most part. Ended up catching some nice Ladyfish, Jacks, and Snapper, all were caught on a White Bucktail Jig made for Mack's I believe that Denny makes (cubanexpress). Most of the action and fish caught came from the Blind Pass Bridge in Captiva I believe is the right name, on an incoming tide an hour before sunset.

Anyway, decided to give out more information about the area incase anyone was fishing up that way. Fort Myers Beach Pier for the most part was slow, but there was a huge abundance of bait all around the Pier at the T. I fished the docks by the hotel at night and got slammed but spit the hook, thinking it was a nice Snook that got away unfortunately, still waiting for one. Hit a few more casts after that and packed it up. That was under the San Carlos Blvd Bridge that drops you into Fort Myers Beach that runs into the Pier.

We also made it into the Ding Darling Wild Life Park that is protected and has tons of activity always going on. The bugs were bad and there were only two other local anglers fishing and we were all tossing lures, got a few hits but no solid hook ups either and I was out for the count. Mullet were jumping and scattering everywhere, Tarpon were rolling and Snook were cruising the mangrove lines ambushing baits, I'll be back there again soon.

Still saw Finger Mullet and White Bait roaming the beaches but I didn't fish them at the time, didn't get a chance to see what was going on with the Sanibel Beach Pier but I'm sure they were fine as its a productive Pier with a crazy current that bends around the island. I believe that was pretty much it for the most part, no monster, no Snook, but still had a great time casting Jigs and getting in on some decent fights on light tackle. Any questions just let me know.

Laurel1430
Fisher

Re: Fort Myers Beach/Sanibel Island Report

Post by Laurel1430 »

We just fished Blind Pass tonight!!

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”