Snook at Naples's Doctor's Pass

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
gogu12
Fisher

Snook at Naples's Doctor's Pass

Post by gogu12 »

Hi, y'all! I caught 3 snook today at Doctor's Pass jetty in Naples. No joke, in 30 minutes on live shrimp and floater. Two released, one landed on the grill! Yeeehaawww
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: Snook at Naples's Doctor's Pass

Post by gruntking »

and everyone wonders why i dislike circle hooks

hey great job on the snook let me ask which one of those lucky fish went home with ya
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gogu12
Fisher

Post by gogu12 »

The keeper, of course...lol ..it's already in my stomach, next to cabbage salad and remoulade...hahhahahahaha

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

gruntking wrote:and everyone wonders why i dislike circle hooks

hey great job on the snook let me ask which one of those lucky fish went home with ya
I see what you did there.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

cvstrat wrote:
gruntking wrote:and everyone wonders why i dislike circle hooks

I see what you did there.
yeah i mean that has to be one of the biggest chum bags ive ever seen it would take an easy case of chum no problem
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gogu12
Fisher

Post by gogu12 »

Yeah, I don't have a real fish net, so I use the big chum bag. It's convenient to me, does not rust and is cheap and durable! Lol ... I'm a beginner, sorry

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

listen befor you keep a fish please learn the regulations if you cant do that take up another hobby
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Nice fish, no pic of the keeper? I am sure we all wanna see it!

-swordfish

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

swordfish wrote:Nice fish, no pic of the keeper? I am sure we all wanna see it!

-swordfish
the guy said he caught 3 snook i see 3 pictures but no keepers
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Oh I see it now GK, now I understand why the feathers were ruffled... Please carry on :cheers: eatpop

-swordfish

gogu12
Fisher

Post by gogu12 »

Aloha! The keeper was the one in the net (chum bag), 29"

gogu12
Fisher

Post by gogu12 »

Like I said, the biggest one was in the chum bag. Measured at home, 29 inches, before it landed on the grill. It was never my intention to show off, rather to share the moment where I caught my first snook ever. And there were three. Whatever you might believe, I was just happy. Good luck at all out there! :reeling:

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

gogu12
Fisher

Post by gogu12 »

rare wrote:
gogu12 wrote:Like I said, the biggest one was in the chum bag. Measured at home, 29 inches, before it landed on the grill. It was never my intention to show off, rather to share the moment where I caught my first snook ever. And there were three. Whatever you might believe, I was just happy. Good luck at all out there! :reeling:

I was trying to help you & pointing out that the slot snook wasnt in the pic. I't doesnt matter what I believe cause these are the facts from your pics Exif data showing the time stamps of your pics. It's not about showing off (strange if it's your first slot & no pic) but many in here will try to help members if they caught an undersized snook & didnt no the regs on them for future catches.

If you said there is a slot snook in that chum bag & it's your first snook...congrats. :toast:

Thank you for your tips and hints, no pun intended. Besides of that, thank you also for reminding me to disable time stamps and device or anything giving away my privacy (darn Apple and NSA!)...lol. I thought I disabled all ads, tracking and so on. One always learns...lol.

gogu12
Fisher

Post by gogu12 »

rare wrote:We can always see your time stamp on your pics its not private! :roll: Just an FYI, you are posting on a public forum :lol:
lol...sure...as long as i have to register on a privately maintained website, it is in no way a "public' forum...just fyi

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

no one on this site who catches a slot doesnt post a pic of it... something is def fishy and time stamps say you caught a snook every couple mins and released them??? doubtful at best... im not one to jump on ppl either but something is def illegally FISHY. just a pun of course i would point finger mullets

GetFish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by GetFish »

Must be a HUGE chum bag.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

you dont measure fish at home you measure them with in a minute of catching them to make sure they are legal or not and put them back where they belong... to grow to legal size and endure and contribute to the ecosystem.... COMMON SENSE!!! I mean seriously dude... this really burns my muffin... and i bet you dont even have a snook permit either do you?? has anyone brought up that question yet and if so please post a picture of your fishing license and snook permit

y_mantilla1990
Fisher

Post by y_mantilla1990 »

Guys seriosuly give the kid a break!!!! And just congratulate him on his first snook catch I think he got the point for next time...Great catch kid tight lines :reeling:

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

its not uncommon to catch alot of snook in a matter of min on the west side. I caught over 25 underslot snook in about 4 hours time with my uncle. Granted he is a guide over there. I will say that we were more concerned on getting the fish back in the water rather than snapping pics of non slot snook especially on the west coast. now the slot reds I have pics of :0)
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

True... The point is that he understands and changes the behavior... Your first snook is ALWAYS exciting, then again in my book ALL snook are always exciting! Just make sure you follow the regulations that have been designed to allow a sustainable fishery for everyone to enjoy!

-swordfish

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joenofishhere »

rare wrote:
y_mantilla1990 wrote:Guys seriosuly give the kid a break!!!! And just congratulate him on his first snook catch I think he got the point for next time...Great catch kid tight lines :reeling:

He is not a kid.
Crocs were a dead give away here.
Walk slow, and carry a big Snook.

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”