Caught my 1st Tarpon in Everglades City.

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

Caught my 1st Tarpon in Everglades City.

Post by StoneJackBaller »

Snook and Tarpon are everywhere down there. Was able to catch my 1st tarpon. I was 0-21 on Tarpon in one day. Went out last week and got it done. The Silver King and I are 1-21

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2zzjccm&s=5 :reeling: :cheers:

Just a baby but it was fun.

Caught on a yo zuri shrimp HP-Holographic Hot Pink 3 1/2"
We're sorry to kill you, Brother. Forgive us. I do honor to your courage, and speed, your strength...

Herbivores ate well cause their food didn't never run

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Re: Caught my 1st Tarpon in Everglades City.

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Congrats but 1 for 21 ?!?! Do you bow your rod when they jump? Maybe next time you'll go 10 for 10 and help out that ratio. Reminds me of this guy Davie. Good luck.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

That's the perfect shore bound fish unless you are on the beach. I have to agree your odds are horrid
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I'd suggest taking the trebles off. Try a single hook on the tail. Experiment with sizes and styles. I've found that trebles generally do poorly on tarpon as they don't get a good set.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

Post by StoneJackBaller »

It was in 10'000 Islands between two Islands 5-8' wide doing a slow troll with tree branches above us. I had to sit down bc a tree branch would of knocked me into the water.

I caught all kinds of fish that day but just couldn't land the tarpon. It was too hard to set the hook with the low hanging branches above me during the 1st jump he would shake the hook of the swim bait. That 0-21 was all during 4-5 hrs the same day.
We're sorry to kill you, Brother. Forgive us. I do honor to your courage, and speed, your strength...

Herbivores ate well cause their food didn't never run

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”