Fishing 10,000 lakes area out of Everglades City.

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

Fishing 10,000 lakes area out of Everglades City.

Post by StoneJackBaller »

Sunday I went out fishing in the 10,000 islands area out of Everglades city with MegalopsAtlanticus(another BFF member) as my Captain/Guide/friend at the helm. Now when you go out they call it fishing for a reason instead of catching. Sunday we went catching.

With Mega trolling through the mangrove maze he put me on about 30 fish total I fought. Had the opportunity for an Everglades grand slam. But just couldn't land the tarpon. It was my 1st time going for them and they call them the silver king for a reason.

We trolled the maze for just over 6hrs back and forth. In that time span I fought about 20 Tarpon ranging from 5lbs to 35lbs in size. We won't know for sure because none were landed. It was a learning experience every time the King hammered the swim bait.

I fought two huge Red Drum and brought one to the boat just a flowers of passion hair under the legal size of 27". He was 26 3/4 stretched out to the max to please the Rangers. I got two huge fillets from that guy and will be eating one tonight. Thanks again Mega.

The Snook bite was on also as I landed 4 of them. Only one nice one in size but I fought and lost 3-4 of those.

After fishing the Maze for just over 6hrs we went into the bay through the islands to just to the entrance of the Gulf of Mexico to troll for Sea Trout, Macs, and Jacks with a couple of reel hits but nothing caught but scenery alone made up for it and relaxing from the battles of the 1st half of the day didn't hurt either.

We slow trolled a berkley swim bait. I used the same bait all day never lost it or had to change it was crazy.

Here is a video of the mangrove maze and pics from the trip.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ueeawpwam1ye ... 20trip.m4v
We're sorry to kill you, Brother. Forgive us. I do honor to your courage, and speed, your strength...

Herbivores ate well cause their food didn't never run

pescando
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Fishing 10,000 lakes area out of Everglades City.

Post by pescando »

WARNING
7 MIN OF NO FISHING AT ALL

StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

Warning

Reading comprehension'd
We're sorry to kill you, Brother. Forgive us. I do honor to your courage, and speed, your strength...

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

thanks for the report im heading down there friday
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

I see my comment changed from C@!*t hair to flowers of passion hair. hahahaha

No problem. It was my 1st time down there but not my last. I'm hooked.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

It sounds like you had tons of fun catching fish. The video is nice, I loved the roller coaster feeling of it. Can't wait to kayak through that area this winter. Thanks for sharing. :toast:

StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

Thanks fellas. I know better than to feed the troll. Every board has one.

I will be hitting the Channel 2 Bridge this Sat night and hopefull fishing the Yellow Brick Road in Islamorada during the day.

Megalops Atlanticus
Fisher

Post by Megalops Atlanticus »

10,000 *** ISLANDS ***, Bro... :D

(There is a "Seven Lakes" area north of Everglades City, but that would mean your thread title was still off my 9,993 or so)

I've been fishing the Tamiami Trail east of Naples all week (in the evening) and it sure looks like this year's crop of baby tarpon is ROCKING. Hitting fish on pretty much every cast (tiny black jigs are the ticket on light tackle) and a few nice snook in the mix, too.

No giants, but all the action a man could handle. Non-friggin'-stop, literally.

Oddly, not many bass around. Fished all evening (tonight) with topwaters in the Naples canals and didn't even have so much as a splash on the Horny Toad. Weird, since Largies in the same locations have been HAMMERING topwaters mid-day while I have been fruitlessly hunting for Peacock Bass.

Tomorrow it's back to the islands, out of Chokoloskee. Redfish in the morning, then hoping to track down a few resident tarpon in the afternoon.

Hope you guys are bangin' 'em up in Collier County.

Next week I am back on the Bass hunt, shore fishing in Golden Gate Estates and checking out some old dirt roads in the truck that I haven't fished in a long, long time.

Bummer the SWFL threads are so slow. But judging from the second post, I guess that's no surprise. I wouldn't post here much either if that was the appreciation shown for reports.
Last edited by Megalops Atlanticus on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Megalops Atlanticus
Fisher

Post by Megalops Atlanticus »

Stone Jack Baller...

High tide at Channel 2 next weekend is around 10pm.

That means its gonna' be a rockin' falling tide all night after dark.

Better bring the Stella, the big 'Poons will be out in full force :uplol:

Might be worthwhile to pick up a few Blue Crabs, in addition to the normal swimbait arsenal. It's high octane angling, but tons of fun. Soaking ladyfish on heavy weights is far easier, but not nearly as exciting as reeling with the tide and feeling the whole earth shift on its access when a 100 pounder inhales a soft plastic near the surface.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

Hahaha yea I noticed that mistake after I made the thread. At least I got it right in my OP. I was looking at my old MN fishing spots before I made the thread and got confused.

I'm still down for Sat Channel 2. I need to get a rod for the Stella. I mignt pick up one tomorrow. :reeling:

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”