Moving to Kendall - fishing question

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
Mitch
Fisher

Moving to Kendall - fishing question

Post by Mitch »

Looks like I'll be moving to Kendall area close to the start of summer. Currently live in Virginia Beach shore and pier fishing is decent (but not Florida). I've done caught my share of red fish, cobia, Blues and Spanish plus the basic local pan fish. Basically I'm not a googan
With that said I'm excited about fishing the area just no clue where? Where should I go and what species can I expect? Any help would be awesome!

Rare
SHARKER

Re: Moving to Kendall - fishing question

Post by Rare »

PM baseball'sforlife....that is his hood and he can put you on plenty of fish.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

In Kendall, if there is water around fish it, you will get hooked pretty quick on Peacock Bass fishing.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

sachig
Fisher

Post by sachig »

Well get ready for tons of traffic everyday!!

some great canals to fish in as well. I used to have a lot of luck at Matheson hammock park (catching 15 inch grovers, sheeps, big grunts) but the last few times, it has been very poor. I think its just getting fished out and i have seen a lot of poaching in the past

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

sachig wrote:...

I used to have a lot of luck at Matheson hammock park (catching 15 inch grovers, sheeps, big grunts) but the last few times, it has been very poor. I think its just getting fished out and i have seen a lot of poaching in the past
S. Biscayne Bay west side fishing has gone downhill in the past 3 or 4 years, even Trout are hard to find some days.. MPO is it;s the crappy poluted runoff fresh water they been pushing out the drainage canals screwing it up. For the past 3 or 4 years they been running those canals wide open with every hint of rain in an effort to divert the crap around the Everglades..
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Mitch
Fisher

Post by Mitch »

I'm not opposed to driving to fish but where? I'm a total newbie to what's close either north or south

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

south...lol

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Rare wrote:PM baseball'sforlife....that is his hood and he can put you on plenty of fish.
Lol thanks but did you not see he is talking about saltwater species :uplol: ... I'd be happy to help with the freshwater but yea be preapared to drive for any real saltwater fishing, out in Kendall maybe you can hook a poon or snook :jester: but it's bass city other than that.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

Mitch wrote:Looks like I'll be moving to Kendall area close to the start of summer. Currently live in Virginia Beach shore and pier fishing is decent (but not Florida). I've done caught my share of red fish, cobia, Blues and Spanish plus the basic local pan fish. Basically I'm not a googan
With that said I'm excited about fishing the area just no clue where? Where should I go and what species can I expect? Any help would be awesome!
welcome to the forum. kendall is great for peacock bass fishing and it is not something you should underrate or exclude. That being said, you're about 30-60 minutes from good fishing in the saltwater realm.....

you say you've caught cobes, reds etc off the pier....the fla keys have a bunch of bridges to fish off of....use what you know about bottom fishing and read the keys how to tommy put up and i dont think you will have any problems....

my gfs cousin lives in va beach....what pier did you fish on? we're planning a trip to dc/ va beach in may

Mitch
Fisher

Post by Mitch »

Mose - thanks for the response. The move is still in the works to Miami but can't wait.

As far as fishing in VB, I fish the Bay Bridge Tunnel pier (Seagull Pier) last year the Cobia bite was strong there, Live Eels on the bottom or live bait (Thread fin, bluefish or spots) on a pin rig. There are a couple of other peirs, Oceanview fishing pier, Little Island State park pier are decent for smaller pan fish, spots, croakers, whiting.

Return to “Dade County”