bones on bones in the 305

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
LINESIDER
Old Salt

bones on bones in the 305

Post by LINESIDER »

Found this spot shark fishing with Brad n some of the Nija Sharkers( lol i know) . happen to be loaded with bone fish so i decided to give it a try during daytime hours.. went couple days ago with bucktails and doa shrimps had no takes. Being a BTT member and having the bonefish tagging kit, i decided to go with some live bait.. it was all sight fishing but every good presented cast was a hit n run. was able to hook up with 7 bone fish tagged 5 lost 1.. you could see couple with the tags i placed..

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: bones on bones in the 305

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Nice bones...haven't caught one since I got one many years ago on a live mojarra...yes, I said mojarra...lol
great white

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

is it true that bone fish get close to shore during summer time... some 10-15" in June and July keep showing up near the beach..

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

I need one on fly
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

these were definitely close enough to shore to fly cast at them .. i was only there from like 1030am-2pm..maybe worked 100 yard area, i had remembered the tide from couple days before and just went out about the time i seen them that day

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Thats dope man
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Hey have brad shoot me a txt with number to that shop down here in homestead
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

i text u but remembered busted phone.no number to that shop.just call/text brad or the old man vince

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Most of the time Bonefisherman are so careful handling them that they don't even take em out of the water. Here you are rolling em around in dry sand. Some Cuban is gonna find yer bonefish floating belly up and use that tag as a tooth pick after he eats em. Lol. I'd suggest that next time you keep the fish in the water the whole time to cut the mortality rate in half.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:Most of the time Bonefisherman are so careful handling them that they don't even take em out of the water. Here you are rolling em around in dry sand. Some Cuban is gonna find yer bonefish floating belly up and use that tag as a tooth pick after he eats em. Lol. I'd suggest that next time you keep the fish in the water the whole time to cut the mortality rate in half.

how do u suggest i measure,weigh and tag? I did try n keep them on the wet part of the sand,taking the picture was much faster than writing everything down and allowed me to complete task in less than 1 min.I did walk back into water and revive them..these fish were landed pretty fast and all swam away with power, from my tail gripped hand. maybe if i was with a fishing buddy all that could be done at waters edge..
Thanks for your concern

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Linesider is this the first bone you tagged? :jester: How does the tagging system work for bone? If an angler caught this bone he reports it?

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

yeah tagged 5. there is a number on the tag to call, tag says measure,weigh and call and the tag number..

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Let us know if lucky#5 ever gets a ring on your end.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

nice job on catching them from shore. I have been looking for a spot in south florida to catch them from shore while wading. Hint, Hint. I have caught a few in the past from shore only in the Bahamas(while on cruises).

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

How does one go about the tagging process? Dang things are thick at work and I have always wondered if that population moves or stays put.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

Leadslinger wrote:How does one go about the tagging process? Dang things are thick at work and I have always wondered if that population moves or stays put.
where is work?? lol

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Tortugas. Come on down, bring a kayak and catch all you want. There's more than bottom fishing there.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:Most of the time Bonefisherman are so careful handling them that they don't even take em out of the water. Here you are rolling em around in dry sand. Some Cuban is gonna find yer bonefish floating belly up and use that tag as a tooth pick after he eats em. Lol. I'd suggest that next time you keep the fish in the water the whole time to cut the mortality rate in half.

dude them fish are pretty damn hardy ive swam them around a few times for bait and watched them swim off stronger then mullet
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

7 bone means a lot of fun...lol
They are small torpedoes... hard to believe they die easily...

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

I know that sand, there is also plenty blacktips, big bulls, snook, and permit to name a few in there. Good job for tagging them, just take a beach towel, wet it in the ocean water and that will help a bit as a soft surface on top of the sand.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

cudaman wrote:I know that sand, there is also plenty blacktips, big bulls, snook, and permit to name a few in there. Good job for tagging them, just take a beach towel, wet it in the ocean water and that will help a bit as a soft surface on top of the sand.
naaa never seen any fish here..was tons of fun. had me running up n down he beach,side stepping to try n present a good cast..im gonna build a noodle floating device that could hold,wet fish with built in measuring stick and scale.. no point in tagging them if there gonna die..

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

went back out this morning fished end of incoming tide.. between brad n me we caught over 15 bonefish in 4 hours!!!.. no tag kit this time. waiting on a DNA fin clipping kit. had a blast, all in the 12-18'' range with one fatty brad got up in 5-7lb range. tons of fun on my stradic 2000

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

:thumleft: Dude I think all the bonefish guides down here would be drooling over the kick ass fishing your doing.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

yeah crazy part today, water was super tainted filled with seaweed. no sight casting . i would soak the bait a bit then twitch it n wait. same routine up n down the beach.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I'm jealous....
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joenofishhere »

Good stuff, good to see the little guys back in the bay after the freeze, had never taken one under 5 pounds in the bay until this year.
Walk slow, and carry a big Snook.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

all over 5lb, i would be in heaven,great runs and i know Biscayne bay holds some of the bigest bones around

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joenofishhere »

Yeah man, that's really what I've been doing the last couple years, hence the lack of snook/tarpon night reports, you need a kayak though. Here's a fat one I caught this winter:

Walk slow, and carry a big Snook.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

nice looks like a fatty

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

went out Friday morning, just caught enough oh high tide to get 1 hour of great action then all just died out.this spot is extremely tide dependent. after seeing it on low tide i can better understand why.there is areas these fish cant make it on low tide,but on hightide its like a fish highway. here is one that had some spunk. landed about 3 in that 1 hour.
IMG_2887.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Dade County”