From Hook to Cook

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
MrBait
Fisher

From Hook to Cook

Post by MrBait »

Hello fellow fishermen. I am currently writing a book that deals with what to do with your catch from the time you hook it, to the time you’re ready to cook it. I need your help. I’m looking to you for how-to tips and tricks as well as subjects you would like to see covered. I already have a basic outline and most of research finished, but I still feel it’s missing something. I’m hoping with your advice and questions I can fill in the blanks. I thank you in advance for your sage wisdom.

kblue
SHARKER

Re: From Hook to Cook

Post by kblue »

how to hook and land a monster may be the skill only to be mastered by learning from failures, painful moments we never forgot...
This skill is different from the one that catches many fishes... I was taught by a couple of pro's but at the end, I have to go through some failures to understand it...
While there are some common basic things, talking about the skill itself may be very subjective and locally significant and change from place to place as well as from species to species... And many secrets will not be talked about over Internet.

At the end, there may be only one skill required, which is you can learn from the failure or not...

What do I know?... nothing...lol

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

good luck with da book, im fairly young on this site but by the looks of things the participation rate seems a bit shallow...

anyway, there ought to be enough info already posted throughout this site to give ya what is needed for tips & dips...

fresh lines, strong knots checked, frayed first 25 feet checked & removed often and thats my tips & dips for ya book, good luck... cellfish,
. :reeling:
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

He will be fine....he has posted in other forums as well.

stardew120
Fisher

Post by stardew120 »

How's the book writing? Hopefully, you were able to publish it this year.
I bought a secondhand Nissan Frontier and installed new sets of Asanti wheels and Toyo tires. I'll try to dedicate more if my time in reforming it to its best condition.

bluewaves
Fisher

Post by bluewaves »

Is the book done?

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”